Here's what we have learned tonight | Syracusefan.com

Here's what we have learned tonight

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
The Providence guys view this as THEIR league. That's why the hoops schools are getting all pissy. There's this underlying feeling that the Big East is the east coast catholic school league, and that's what they intend to return to. Wait til they see what it is they were wishing for.

Is it something like the Atlantic 10, but with more Catholics?

Easy there Matthew, don't you know Provy went to the final four in '87 ?

Easy there Matthew, don't you know Provy went to the final four in '87 ?
And Seton Hall, St Johns, Georgetown and DePaul all had good hoop teams for a while 20 years ago. 20 long fricken years ago. And the A-10 and the MAAC play good competitive basketball. On their level. Not on the national level.

And Seton Hall, St Johns, Georgetown and DePaul all had good hoop teams for a while 20 years ago. 20 long fricken years ago. And the A-10 and the MAAC play good competitive basketball. On their level. Not on the national level"

And people get mad when we use our history about football. I don't like this post.. And did you know providence has a top 10 class coming in???

And Seton Hall, St Johns, Georgetown and DePaul all had good hoop teams for a while 20 years ago. 20 long fricken years ago. And the A-10 and the MAAC play good competitive basketball. On their level. Not on the national level"

And people get mad when we use our history about football. I don't like this post.. And did you know providence has a top 10 class coming in???
What don't you like about it. We carried a lot of those teams for a long time. The Big East has a few tiers. Roughly it is Cuse, Yukon, Nova, Louisville and Pitt is the top tier. Then you have WVU, Cincy, Marquette, Georgetown and Notre Dame. Then you have Rutgers, Seton Hall, St Johns, De Paul, Providence and USF.

I like Steve Lavin and Mike Rice and even JTIII, but Cuse doesn't need the basketball onlies. Throw Jay Wright out of the mix cause he will be successful wherever he coaches, I'm not 100% convinced these other guys will. I like Ed Cooley, but do you think he will attract top talent in the new Big East once the football schools are all gone.