Hey Frank, why don’t you worry about your own play | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Frank, why don’t you worry about your own play

Battle has been bipolar out there for a couple weeks now. He’s got an nba body but right now he’s way too streaky

He's also shockingly one-dimensional. Helluva scorer but that's it. He hardly ever looks for his teammates. Ironically, I think he'd shoot a higher percentage if he passed it occasionally and made the other team pay for doubling him.

Tyus drove me nuts in the first half. Standing around. Not even moving up when they were giving him a huge cushion off the ball. How is he making himself a threat with his foot almost touching the S at half court? And yeah, the windshield wiper offense and passing was maddening.

And sort of getting off the subject, we need something more from Matt. What a complete no show he was.

True re: Tyus and Matt. Matt was wide open a bunch though around the left baseline/wing. Should’ve been dunks and lobs galore. Not sure why nothing was happening there. Teams exploit and throw those down on us but we can’t get anything at the rim/behind the zone? It’s like we never saw a zone, sigh.

PC deserved the yelling. While he contributed well tonight, he could have had 6-8 more points if he'd get more aggressive when he gets the ball under the basket. A couple times he looked like he was doing a Lydon impersonation going down with the ball instead of up. Finally late, he jammed one in.
I’m upset he didn’t get four points when he threw ball up through the hoop and then it came back through. Plus it’s hard to dunk when your 7 foot tall. You hit your head on that hoop it’ll knock ya for a loop.

I've been critical of Frank for things on and off the court. I think he's been better than expected this year. Yes, he's had some awful turnovers and mental lapses. No, he doesn't shoot the ball great. Overall though he's been pretty good. I still don't look at him as an ideal point guard. It's like he's still learning how to play the position (he is!). That said, we'd be up Schitt's Creek without him.
I was really happy with the way frank played tonight. I think he Has exceeded expectations and for some reason people can’t accept that.

He's also shockingly one-dimensional. Helluva scorer but that's it. He hardly ever looks for his teammates. Ironically, I think he'd shoot a higher percentage if he passed it occasionally and made the other team pay for doubling him.
Maybe he has been a little one dimensional on offense but he has been good on defense and hasn’t been a one dimensional player. Not saying that is what you were saying

Odd game during which to get on Frank Howard. I thought he played his best game all year. No, he didn't score as many points as he's had, no he didn't have as many assists as he's had, but he played his most solid game as a point guard. Composed, smart. Played like a true point guard tonight. I don't recall one W... T...Fudge turnover or shot.
Howard hit some big shots to provide the initial separation from EMU in the second half and was pretty solid running the point throughout the game. His play isn't a problem, IMO.

Apologizing for mistakes is nice but I really wouldn’t cite that as an example of leadership.

His timely big plays, paired with his great defensive improvement at the top of the zone has put his ability to lead on the court on full display. His ability to lead off the court shines through in his post game interviews as well.

Apologizing for mistakes is nice but I really wouldn’t cite that as an example of leadership.
I beg to differ. A true leader is willing to own up to their mistakes and accepts blame when appropriate.
No one wants an a - hole who refuses to acknowledge that they, God forbid, could’ve possibly gotten something wrong, no offense to our current Commander-in-Chief intended! ;)
Frank is doing fine- notwithstanding the fanbase negatoids desperate for any excuse to slam him. Plenty of teams would love to have a PG like him. JMHO

Battle has been bipolar out there for a couple weeks now. He’s got an nba body but right now he’s way too streaky

Dion says hi. ;)

As of two games ago, he was like 3rd.

Yeah, he's fallen in love with that spin move. That's becoming predictable. Jerami Grant loved that spin too.

After last night, Oshae is 3rd in the ACC, 17th in the nation with 130 rebounds. He's also 4th in the ACC, 19th in the nation with 10.0 RPG.

After last night, Oshae is 3rd in the ACC, 17th in the nation with 130 rebounds. He's also 4th in the ACC, 19th in the nation with 10.0 RPG.

40 minutes a game and playing next to a 7 footer who can't jump leads to opportunities that a lot of players wouldn't get. Roberson would probably average 20 on this team.

40 minutes a game and playing next to a 7 footer who can't jump leads to opportunities that a lot of players wouldn't get. Roberson would probably average 20 on this team.
All of the big men on this team are better than average rebounders, so he's really not getting any bump there. Roberson was not surrounded by as good a group of rebounders and was simply wildly inconsistent.

Roberson was a very good rebounder, but based on what I can see, Oshae is at least his match, especially on the defensive end.

Frank’s our point guard and upper class leader. We need one. It’s imperative. Battle won’t assume that role for some reason and the freshmen are wet behind the ears. Regardless if Frank is having a great game or lousy game he must captain the floor. If players are needing correction or guidance it must be given. Sometimes things are happening too quickly to be nice about it. That’s not to say Chukwu wasn’t playing well but needed a kick in the butt occasionally.

It certainly is unless you want to come off as some kind of narcissist like someone else we know who never makes a mistake.

Roberson was a very good rebounder, but based on what I can see, Oshae is at least his match, especially on the defensive end.

Interesting you phrase it this way. Roberson was a good defensive rebounder, but was an outstanding offensive rebounder. He was also one of the fastest guys on the team, so it was easy for him to attack the glass on the offensive end and still be able to get back to play defense in time if he didn't get the rebound.

I think we all understand the criticisms of Frank's game. He is prone to a what the heck turnover every game, but overall he has been better than anyone would have thought this season. He is asked to do a lot on this team offensively, with that you are going to have to expect some turnovers. I think he has been just fine.

I would love to see Marek, Pascal, and Moyer do a better job of finding some open spots with the big 3 being so closely watched by opposing defenses.

lol - in the occasional game he showed up for

Exactly. It will be interesting to see if Brissett completely disappears on the boards in any games once conference season starts. I don't think that will be the case based on what we've seen so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom