Hey guys | Syracusefan.com

Hey guys

WMUpilot

Walk On
WMU alum here. Figured you guys might have some questions (or insults) for our fans.

We're pretty pumped up. It's been too long. Didn't like the 14 seed, but I wasn't too upset with the matchup. Not a knock on Cuse, but this is a top heavy tournament with a lot of scary 3 and 4 seeds and you guys don't seem to be peaking right now. That said, we're a long shot.

WMU alum here. Figured you guys might have some questions (or insults) for our fans.

We're pretty pumped up. It's been too long. Didn't like the 14 seed, but I wasn't too upset with the matchup. Not a knock on Cuse, but this is a top heavy tournament with a lot of scary 3 and 4 seeds and you guys don't seem to be peaking right now. That said, we're a long shot.
We'll start to peak on Thursday.

2 questions for ya as I'm not familiar with your team at all:

1. What pace does your team play at? Slow, grind it out style? Pushing it at every opportunity?
2. Do you have a goofy white center or back up center? (They always kill us).

1. What pace does your team play at? Slow, grind it out style? Pushing it at every opportunity?

Or a little white guy who goes off from 25-feet once every three years?

From what I have watched this year it looks like we will have a major advantage in the forward position as I dont know how you will be able to defend Fair and Grant with 6'6" guys.

Feels like Fair has actually had his worst games when defended by smaller quicker guys. Grant definitely should be able to enforce his will on little guys though.

Questions for you:

Do you expect a big contingent from Kalamazoo, or wherever Western Michigan is located, to descend on Buffalo on Thursday?
How many tubas are in your pep band? Do you have a pep band?
Soda or pop?
Sneakers or gym shoes?

I dig that your star center is from Paw Paw.

ENRPMCSWAVMXJCX.20111018142632.jpg

I'll do my best to keep up with you guys. Active board you got here.

We get into our halfcourt set as often as possible. Our strength offensively is running the motion offense. It was very crisp in Cleveland this weekend. Backdoor cuts, drives and kicks. We turn it over too often though and lack a true sharpshooter (Brown is a good shooter but more of a slasher).

Our center is white but not all that goofy. He's had something like ten straight double-doubles. Shayne Whittington, he's our best pro prospect. Stretch NBA guy or good Euro player.

Questions for you:

Do you expect a big contingent from Kalamazoo, or wherever Western Michigan is located, to descend on Buffalo on Thursday?
How many tubas are in your pep band? Do you have a pep band?
Soda or pop?
Sneakers or gym shoes?

I dig that your star center is from Paw Paw.

ENRPMCSWAVMXJCX.20111018142632.jpg

I'd expect only a few hundred WMU fans. Can't make it myself unfortunately. 2:45 on a Thursday is tough. You guys are gonna pack the place I'm sure.

Soda. I hate the word pop. (I'm not from Michigan originally.)

Sneakers, I guess.

I'll do my best to keep up with you guys. Active board you got here.

We get into our halfcourt set as often as possible. Our strength offensively is running the motion offense. It was very crisp in Cleveland this weekend. Backdoor cuts, drives and kicks. We turn it over too often though and lack a true sharpshooter (Brown is a good shooter but more of a slasher).

Our center is white but not all that goofy. He's had something like ten straight double-doubles. Shayne Whittington, he's our best pro prospect. Stretch NBA guy or good Euro player.

Did you guys face any decent zones this year in your league? Curious to see how your offense adjusts to our D.

Worth noting that in the first game at EMU we looked like absolute garbage against the zone and the second we were much more comfortable.

Thanks for the responses. Should be a good game. Can't wait for Thursday now.

Worth noting that in the first game at EMU we looked like absolute garbage against the zone and the second we were much more comfortable.

Did you turn the ball over a lot against the zone? Do you have anyone who can consistently score or distribute from the foul line area? How is your rebounding?

Welcome! Did you happen to notice how WMU attacked EMU's zone in the second game? Did the team attack through the high post/free-throw line area? Did they screen the guards on ball reversal? Did they overload the zone on one side?

Also, how does your team play defense. Exclusively man? Mixing man and zone? Press?