Hey guys | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hey guys

WMU scored 37 points against EMU in the first matchup and 75 the next :eek: So, something obviously changed between the two meetings.

26 turnovers in the first game, 16 in the next.

From what I have watched this year it looks like we will have a major advantage in the forward position as I dont know how you will be able to defend Fair and Grant with 6'6" guys.
Fair was pretty much flustered when BC guarded him with a 6'3" guard. The second game he did OK, I guess. better on the boards, but the 30% FG was pretty awful.

I would take the semi-mediocre Rak after his performance against NC State. This game has 2 fouls before the 15 minute mark written all over it.

Yup I think your right and Keita is in one of his multiple game funks where he struggles to do anything, hope he breaks out Thursday.

Fair was pretty much flustered when BC guarded him with a 6'3" guard. The second game he did OK, I guess. better on the boards, but the 30% FG was pretty awful.

I would say he pressed big time because he knew he had a mismatch and just didnt get the shots to fall. The looks were there all night long, he just didnt make any of them.

Yup I think your right and Keita is in one of his multiple game funks where he struggles to do anything, hope he breaks out Thursday.

We are going to need three guys to score points in this game to win it. Fair, Grant and Ennis. I cant trust that Cooney will break out of his slump.

We are going to need three guys to score points in this game to win it. Fair, Grant and Ennis. I cant trust that Cooney will break out of his slump.

I think your spot on there, I have pretty much zero faith in Cooney to make shots at this point. Admire the kid as a player and how hard he works but its clear hes not in a slump hes just not making shots period. Maybe this is the type of game Silent G can come in and get 6-7 pts. Hate to put everything on fair, grant and ennis but our bench is basically two guys one of which is a blackhole offensively.

I think your spot on there, I have pretty much zero faith in Cooney to make shots at this point. Admire the kid as a player and how hard he works but its clear hes not in a slump hes just not making shots period. Maybe this is the type of game Silent G can come in and get 6-7 pts. Hate to put everything on fair, grant and ennis but our bench is basically two guys one of which is a blackhole offensively.
Cooney SHOULD be able to actually drive in this first game. If he can get to the rim a bit and draw some fouls, that would be huge in taking the pressure off other areas...and might actually help him get into a rhythm.

Cooney SHOULD be able to actually drive in this first game. If he can get to the rim a bit and draw some fouls, that would be huge in taking the pressure off other areas...and might actually help him get into a rhythm.

Ya I wouldnt mind seeing him drive but they have a good big man and Cooney has been swatted a couple times when he has tried to drive. As Marsh said it really comes down to Fair, Ennis and Grant, if they struggle we wont win. Would be nice if Rak or Silent G could combine for 10 pts or Cooney could bury two or three deep ones to help open things up.

1. Why are CMU fans insanely jealous of WMU?
2. Soda...you just garnered major love from most of the guys here. Rochester/Buffalo based Cuse fans not so much.
3. How do you feel about a 2 for 1 series in Football? Most of our staff have deep MAC roots.
4. Thank you for punking UConn in Football.
5. Can you join us Sept 12th in Mt. Pleasant to cheer with us against CMU?
6. Is this your board? http://csnbbs.com/forum-488.html

Last edited:
We can talk about how Cooney should be able to drive all we want. I mean he's only our best free throw shooter and has the vertical of Stevey Francis, it all makes too much sense.

Syracuse Sports.

Nothing makes sense.

Gotta force those turnovers. That's going to be the difference in a close game (potential WM win) and an SU 15 point victory.

I would take the semi-mediocre Rak after his performance against NC State. This game has 2 fouls before the 15 minute mark written all over it.
Odds on Roc getting his first foul in the first minute. Maybe on the opening tip. :bang:

Frozen said:
Let's be civil in this thread, people. A great woman once said, "You can disagree without being disagreeable." That woman? 1980s adult film star Christy Canyon.

Never heard of her;)

I'll do my best to keep up with you guys. Active board you got here.

We get into our halfcourt set as often as possible. Our strength offensively is running the motion offense. It was very crisp in Cleveland this weekend. Backdoor cuts, drives and kicks. We turn it over too often though and lack a true sharpshooter (Brown is a good shooter but more of a slasher).

Our center is white but not all that goofy. He's had something like ten straight double-doubles. Shayne Whittington, he's our best pro prospect. Stretch NBA guy or good Euro player.

Backdoor cuts, drives, and kicks? Sounds like heaven. Must be nice..

How many backdoor cuts leading to dunks, after our guards allow dribble penetration and Rak is forced to step up to take away the shot :).