Hey Woody! | Syracusefan.com

Hey Woody!

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Any thoughts on where SU will find some offense for next year? Doesn't appear that there is much offensive firepower coming in, but they had a lot of players redshirt and many with little playing time.

Any scuttlebutt re the mystery FO guy that Desko mentioned?

No havent heard from my man in Cuse in the last few weeks but will find out. Its funny as I was watching the DII final the other day and it mentioned that Jake Ternosky (F/O Lafayette) DII speciality player of the year was offered a walk on place at Syracuse before he commited to Limestone.

Also Conor Peguigney, Archbishop Spalding, MD, Midfield/FO - shopuld be a stud, he played for Baltimore Crabs and you dont play for them unless your a big man around town!

Ill keep my ear to the ground!

Offensively I think the guys we have have to get better, JoJo has to work on his shooting, Maltz on being an all around attackman, he like Springer in his first few years and as a sr you saw him try other things and become a more rounded attackman, although Springers shot was enough for anyone! I also think we have to have players step up Coleman was amazing in high school and I think needs to buckle down and buy in to the team ethic! Lecky needs to get more confident, we have the players they just need to buy into everything the Coaches are throwing at them and decide themselves that they will do anything to win and walk away with a ring otherwise this will be sandwich team! We have never relied on Freshman so maybe we will get a few transfers, Randy Staats would be a good start!

No havent heard from my man in Cuse in the last few weeks but will find out. Its funny as I was watching the DII final the other day and it mentioned that Jake Ternosky (F/O Lafayette) DII speciality player of the year was offered a walk on place at Syracuse before he commited to Limestone.

Also Conor Peguigney, Archbishop Spalding, MD, Midfield/FO - shopuld be a stud, he played for Baltimore Crabs and you dont play for them unless your a big man around town!

Ill keep my ear to the ground!

Offensively I think the guys we have have to get better, JoJo has to work on his shooting, Maltz on being an all around attackman, he like Springer in his first few years and as a sr you saw him try other things and become a more rounded attackman, although Springers shot was enough for anyone! I also think we have to have players step up Coleman was amazing in high school and I think needs to buckle down and buy in to the team ethic! Lecky needs to get more confident, we have the players they just need to buy into everything the Coaches are throwing at them and decide themselves that they will do anything to win and walk away with a ring otherwise this will be sandwich team! We have never relied on Freshman so maybe we will get a few transfers, Randy Staats would be a good start!
Yes, Staats would be great but that won't be until next year as he is a freshman at OCC. Also, I remember reading somewhere that he may go NLL rather than D1.

There is a player at Silver Creek who may break Casey Powell's NYS H.S. scoring record as a JUNIOR - Zed Williams. I hope SU is all over him.

I'm a little skeptical re Marasco & Coleman. If they haven't seen the light by now, I'm not sure the bulb is ever going on. I'm hoping the FR Rice, Hatem, Grimm & DeJohn will provide some offensive spart next year.

I have some hope from Marassco having a breakout Senior yeat but the ship has sailed on Coleman hes been a huge bust and he will be lucky to see the field at all next year. I wouldnt expect a big influx of transfers, maybe two at most as most of the OCC stars are Freshman including Staats. Guys like Grimm, Hatem, Dejohn, Messina, Rice etc are going to have to be ready next year or the O is going to struggle again.

I think for Marassco to succeed he needs to be moved back down to attack.

I think for Marassco to succeed he needs to be moved back down to attack.
I don't know. The guy just can't seem to beat a long pole or protect his stick. It seemed to me like he was getting stripped every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom