Hickey is coming back... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hickey is coming back...

Sean Hickey ‏@HickeyCuse60 46s
But I have decided that to return to Syracuse for my senior year is the best choice for my career. #cusenation
Great news. Now get started learning that center position! :D

Great News!

Hickey-Trudo-Emerich-Robinson-Foy, should be dynamite. Add to that an experienced starter in Hunt, talented RB stable and up and coming WRs. Will be very interested to see who emerges and starts at WR.

My Prediction:
Hunt
Gulley/Morris
Parris/Bates/Moore
Broyld/Estime/Custis
Bates? Did you mean Batten?

Let's start the season tomorrow! Keep the momentum going!

I really think Shafer has a chance to get us over the hump next year, meaning 8-4 and on our way to repeating that. I have no delusions of grandeur that we'll win the ACC, but if we finish third again and take care of the OOC slate, that'll be awesome.

I am taking huge chugs of Orange coolaide and following it up with massive hits of Orange crush from the silo sized bong, a five star recruit on defense right now would make my head explode. Come on Scott, George and Chuck work some majick and reel in a big fish.

Why does everyone seem to forget about Winfield and Avant? We haven't seen what they can do yet.
I was going to say almost the same thing. I thought we snared twin Corey's last year? The other being Winfield who was offered by Missouri if I remember correctly. (I admit recruiting is not my strong point so I could be wrong) ;)

Oh back on topic. Awesome news about Hickey!

I was going to say almost the same thing. I thought we snared twin Corey's last year? The other being Winfield who was offered by Missouri if I remember correctly. (I admit recruiting is not my strong point so I could be wrong) ;)

You are correct sir. At the very last moment Mizzou offered Winfield.

Great news. Next season just got 27.4% more interesting.

That late season high ankle sprain might have been the best thing that could have happened for the 2014 team...

Are you using the super secret payside algorithm in public again?

tiger-woods-fist-pump-o.gif
like this one. lol. How do you guys add video's like this?

Why does everyone seem to forget about Winfield and Avant? We haven't seen what they can do yet.

Its the "Cali Theory" = incoming freshman are automatically better than anyone currently enrolled. If they dont make it then we must regret even if they dont go to any other school.

like this one. lol. How do you guys add video's like this?
You can either download the picture to your PC and then click 'Upload a File' next to the 'Post Reply' button, or, you can right-click on an image and the paste it into the message you're about to post.

Great that is all we need is the two Coreys running pass patterns

http://www.coreyfeldman.net/gallery/images/2coreys/movingball.jpg

It is going to be all out war between the wr's next year. KJ looks like the most physically mature of the freshmen, Ishmael has played against the best competition and Cooper is going to have a shot but look out for Custis. You can't teach 6'6".

You can say that again! I remember seeing a pic of him on a visit and thinking he could strap up and go play right now. Dude passes the look test with flying colors.

Best news the team could hope for. This is a very good decision by Hickey that should pay off for him as well. He needs another year to fully heal and erase any doubts. I think that he would have been 4th round at best and by coming back he may have moved into a late first round solid second round choice. The difference is an almost gauranteed roster spot and a minimum of 1.5m more per year. Great news!

Probably for 3 reasons:
1 - The belief by some that if they were really all that they'd been able to find time this year because of how much of a need WR was. The flip side is they would have needed to impress massively from day one this fall. Whether there should have been or not there were too many bodies in front of them including 2 other first year WR's in Broyld and Estime that needed a lot of attention.
2 - The belief held by many that Corey Cooper was our top recruit last year. His rating was not that high but there is/was a wide held belief that he was a tremendous under the radar talent that we were fortunate to hold onto. So...If Cooper was #1 last year then he must be better than the guys that did come. And now Cooper isn't even looked at as the top WR in this class. Wow , these young guys must be good.
3 - The afrementioned by another poster that the new toy is the shiniest so therefore better.

My gut tells me at least 2 of these guys see significant time next year. Broyld, Estime and West are a solid 1-3 and I like what I've seen from Cornelius. Williams and Cooper should break into this group and Custis is a real wild card. You can't teach 6'6". its hard to envision any of the other WR's getting time, but if they can play, they'll play.

I think at this time of the year the most important recruiting the coaches have to do is retaining our existing players. This is huge and makes our O-line a position of strength instead of a question mark leading into next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom