Hickey is coming back... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hickey is coming back...

Great news and where that that put the Cuse regarding team offensive rankings in the ACC for '14?

Can't see the Cuse any lower than 4th with FSU, Clemson, Duke and maybe UNC ahead of us...

upload_2014-1-6_14-53-29.jpeg

I've decided to keep my talents in Syracuse, New York.

Still think AB will be a beast...and that starts now.
Estime showed me more this year than I expected. Granted, it took him a while to get comfortable, as well as to earn the coaches' trust. But he could be great next year.
And I think we saw some glimpses of what Cornelius could do.
Those three make a pretty good set to start off next season. If we can get some additional help from some of the other guys, all the better.

absolutely huge - Macky will be a loss, but this now makes the OL a strength heading in to next season

I thought Hickey returning was the biggest question mark for the success of the 2014 season, and now that he's back that solidifies the rest of the OLine as they don't have to shift anyone else around to replace him

the OL depth just got a lot deeper :D:E

4 starters back on offense, plus three top reserves [Palmer, Lasker, Knapp] should make for a helluva offensive line next season.

By my count, we're returning 9 out of 11 on offense?

I still think the incoming receivers are going to earn a lot of snaps, to be honest.
Absolutely. I saw someone in another thread indicate he thought there was room for 1 freshman WR to join the rotation next year. If Williams and Cooper are not seeing regular time it will be bad news for SU. I like Cornelius and Broyld/Estime are athletic talents, but for SU to take the next step Williams and Cooper HAVE to be among our top 4 WR's. I'm not sold on Hunt at QB but I think we at least know the least we can expect from him and that is good enough to beat other mediocre teams. IMO, QB is still the weak spot of next years offense and where the most potential for improvement remains. Thats how confident in the 2 frosh WR's I am.

Great news. Next season just got 27.4% more interesting.

That late season high ankle sprain might have been the best thing that could have happened for the 2014 team...

Just curious how you came to 27.4%? Are you throwing out a number or is there a connection I am missing?

I really am hoping Cooper, kj Williams and (hopefully) Ishmael make an impact their freshman year. These are some legitimate WRs we are bringing in and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get time next year. I'm expecting one at least to step up like Estime did as a freshmen. Our offense SHOULD be a lot better next year. Seeing its McDonald's second year, and the returning players we have.

Absolutely. I saw someone in another thread indicate he thought there was room for 1 freshman WR to join the rotation next year. If Williams and Cooper are not seeing regular time it will be bad news for SU. I like Cornelius and Broyld/Estime are athletic talents, but for SU to take the next step Williams and Cooper HAVE to be among our top 4 WR's. I'm not sold on Hunt at QB but I think we at least know the least we can expect from him and that is good enough to beat other mediocre teams. IMO, QB is still the weak spot of next years offense and where the most potential for improvement remains. Thats how confident in the 2 frosh WR's I am.

Why does everyone seem to forget about Winfield and Avant? We haven't seen what they can do yet.

It is going to be all out war between the wr's next year. KJ looks like the most physically mature of the freshmen, Ishmael has played against the best competition and Cooper is going to have a shot but look out for Custis. You can't teach 6'6".

I'm still hoping Jeff Lowe steps it up.
And Max Meisel, too! I heard he is doing spine stretching exercises and fully expects to be a dynamo receiver and punt returner being an extra inch taller. I mean guys we are talking over 20 mm taller!

It is going to be all out war between the wr's next year. KJ looks like the most physically mature of the freshmen, Ishmael has played against the best competition and Cooper is going to have a shot but look out for Custis. You can't teach 6'6".
I feel like any other year any one of Custis, Ishmael, Cooper and Williams would be head and shoulders our top skill recruit... and we potentially have all 4 in the same class.

Great News!

Hickey-Trudo-Emerich-Robinson-Foy, should be dynamite. Add to that an experienced starter in Hunt, talented RB stable and up and coming WRs. Will be very interested to see who emerges and starts at WR.

My Prediction:
Hunt
Gulley/Morris
Parris/Bates/Moore
Broyld/Estime/Custis

And Max Meisel, too! I heard he is doing spine stretching exercises and fully expects to be a dynamo receiver and punt returner being an extra inch taller. I mean guys we are talking over 20 mm taller!

25.4 mm = 1 inch. Just want to make that clear for everybody. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom