High Point Gameday... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

High Point Gameday...

I guess Pat Kav and Coulter Mackesy are also not elite because their stats were nearly identical to Spallinas against md. He already had good performances against top defenses last season. Outside of the army game he has been fine. I guarantee he will have big games in the acc this season. People having no confidence in him is insane. It’s like they are watching different tape.

Are you now saying that Spallina is a 1st or 2nd Team AA and Tewaaraton Finalist ?

I watched the ND/MD game. Kav was the best player on the field.

Thing is Kav is a distributor...and that's sort of where Spallina's game is headed against the top teams. He has to impact that way because he struggles to create his own shot against the best defenders (right now.)

Joey isn’t fastest guy but he can dodge. Think problem lies when he does dodge he stops to body up. There were times he had step(wasn’t huge step) but had step but then he stops to body n back down. That’s where it’s over for him and defender can lock him down and no slide will come. He did dodge hard without trying back down at times vs high point just needs to do same vs higher teams. Also mule can dodge he just has to do so with confidence and not hesitate. He gets step then stops to change direction when defender was already behind n by change defender able to recover n get ground back.

Are you now saying that Spallina is a 1st or 2nd Team AA and Tewaaraton Finalist ?

I watched the ND/MD game. Kav was the best player on the field.

Thing is Kav is a distributor...and that's sort of where Spallina's game is headed against the top teams. He has to impact that way because he struggles to create his own shot against the best defenders (right now.)
I am saying that most 1st/2nd team AA and even Tek quarterfinalists do about the same against MD/Zappitello. But people don't knock those guys while acting like Spallina is a bust because he does the same. I watched the game too. Kavs only goal was on a low percentage circus shot. Shot the exact same 14 percent as Spallina did on 1-7 shooting, 2 turnovers to Spallina's one turnover, 2 of his assists were on man up and only one of them was the result of him drawing a slide and finding an open man, which Spallina also did one time. Oh yeah, and Kav was 1-2 on 1-9 shooting last year. Shellenberger last year against MD? 1 and 2 on 1-9 shooting. Kirst against MD in the 2022 natty? 2 and 1 on 2-7 shooting.

The only area he did noticeably better than Spallina was on the ride, but I believe you would be saying the same things if Spallina got a couple more CTs.

The list of guys who are even somewhat regularly torching an elite teams top long pole is like 2 names long - Brennan Oneill and CJ Kirst, and even they have had Spallina against MD type stat lines already this season (Oneill against Penn and Kirst against Denver). Minicus and Dordevic were doing some of that as well before they graduated. I would not give that same distinction to even guys like Shellenberger or Pat Kav. Erksas good day against us was surrounded by two bad ones. Most top attack faced with that elite longpole matchup need to rely on things like feeding in tight spaces, capitalizing off broken plays and switches on D, and finishing their offball shots to end the day with a decent stat line. The offense as a whole has to step up.

IMO they have to get Spallina more involved off ball against elite teams too. Hes plenty capable of catching and finishing. Staff has to get him in better spots against elite teams too

IMO they have to get Spallina more involved off ball against elite teams too. Hes plenty capable of catching and finishing. Staff has to get him in better spots against elite teams too
Agree let Mulé invert and play the X a little more as he can find Joey in front of the cage to finish. I think if Joey wants to keep using his power dodge he has to put more size on next yr. I think he should just use his lax IQ. Fake the behind the back and roll back the other way. Get more creative with his dodges and keep 'em thinking. Right now they know when he comes from behind the cage he's looking to body u up and shoot. Now if he mixes it up then the body dodge will work more as guys will be unsure what's coming and can catch 'em guessing. The kid is such a smart player and he had 1 bad game vs Army which how many bad games have all the top players had against AA defenders? Sometimes the defender has the better day it happens I think Joey is to smart of a player to not figure it out. He's gonna have his big days agajnst top defensman. He did it last yr. He's still only halfway thru his sophomore season. He will figure it out.

Wow what a game the SU girls just lost in OT to Spallina's Stonybrook team. Was a great game to watch. Joey was in the stands he had to be rooting for his dads team right?

Wow what a game the SU girls just lost in OT to Spallina's Stonybrook team. Was a great game to watch. Joey was in the stands he had to be rooting for his dads team right?
Lost to Stony Brook?

Top 15 team but that’s….un-good to lose this one at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom