Highest known NIL in basketball to date | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Highest known NIL in basketball to date

In regards to the 10 year/$30 mil JMA naming rights deal struck in '22, it's relatively new money that SU wouldn't have reaped had Carrier not agree to move on from that favorable perpetuity agreement it possessed.

Whatever SU may have planned to do with this bonus/excess type coin, I imagine it (or in part) can be allocated towards NIL if they choose to do so.

In regards to the 10 year/$30 mil JMA naming rights deal struck in '22, it's relatively new money that SU wouldn't have reaped had Carrier not agree to move on from that favorable perpetuity agreement it possessed.

Whatever SU may have planned to do with this bonus/excess type coin, I imagine it (or in part) can be allocated towards NIL if they choose to do so.

I’m willing to bet the day they signed the deal every penny was spoken for.

Cuse seems to be doing some stuff with private equity, which is either a terrific idea or the worst idea ever. Time will tell.

While I wouldn't have phrased it exactly like this, speaking for myself, there is certainly a conflict between what I know is ethically right (players have been exploited and should be able to sign contracts and be compensated) versus what I actually like (I like watching college sports so much I post anonymously on a sports message board). Sounds like this guy feels the same.
What would keep a school hooking up with an agent who provides NIL and the athlete agrees to sign with and promote rhe agent?

What would keep a school hooking up with an agent who provides NIL and the athlete agrees to sign with and promote rhe agent?
Probably nothing. They don’t seem to have ability or interest in defending any of their policies in court

Fair point. I actually considered that when writing my post.

Settled TA;MN instead. :)
I admit I have never liked those 4 letter abbreviations. Who came up with that shorthand?

I’m willing to bet the day they signed the deal every penny was spoken for.

Yeah, in all probability, you're likely correct. However, in life, when any type of monkey wrench that's relatively unforeseen, one has to be able to adapt/shift on the fly so to speak, and reevaluate, reassess, etc. moving forward. It's how folks/successful businesses, etc. sustain...as well as grow.

Last edited:
I actually do not get why, I can go on and on concerning what this program was over the last 7 years, almost ridiculous, some people have been babied to death, some people just love to ridicule and did not realize what we have in the current coach. It was a disaster from a team management standpoint, he coached the heck out of this team, especially defensively. I know I will get beat up for that. He committed to M2M, attrition set in,, he even knew he had to mix it up, imagine if we had previous talent, my gosh. I am a complete fan of Red Autry. Did you see the attrition on the football side... it is just a little prettier right now. I am also a big fan and supporter of CFB. I do not get all the Red vitriol, I can speculate, I will stay out of that
To further reiterate my support of Red, congrats on a big recruiting win, super nice kid too!

Can these guys really add $2mil to the bottom lines of Washington and Kansas State?
Great Osobor at UW and Coleman Hawkins at K-State
How is it that possible?
And how much can their added value be to any of the organizations to which their NIL deals bind them?
It seems these payouts are crazy.

Can these guys really add $2mil to the bottom lines of Washington and Kansas State?
How is it that possible?
And how much can their added value be to any of the organizations to which their NIL deals bind them?

It’s very difficult to build a sustained winner at Kansas State. Either the coach gets poached/clashes with the AD like Frank Martin did or you spend multiple years loading up like Bruce Weber did, hoping none of your players get impatient and bolt. The latter method of team-building is out the window now.

I think Tang and the donor base know that turning over so much of their roster every year is risky, but it’s the only way to maximize their results.

How is it that possible?

Fans of these teans are going to be ripping those 2 players if their stats don't live up to their pay days.

Now also think about it from the coach's perspective. If you don't get great years out of those two, fans are going to rip them for getting a "great" player and doing nothing with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom