Hmmm | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Hmmm

I truly believe the Offense will be better next year with a year under the belt for Schafer, McDonald, Lester and Smith. When you completely start with a new coaching staff it takes a little time to get everything worked out; especially when you don't have the personnel that you would necessarily want to run the idea offense that you would want to run. I think after a year of everyone learning the new system and some new personnel that we will be coming in we will be fine. I think we all need to give McDonald a break. How many people could have done a lot better than our offense this year with a new QB, new receivers and losing a 1st round offensive lineman. I for one am really hoping we keep our coaching staff and I am looking forward to next year.

People need to put this year in perspective. Our offenses have been so anemic in the last so many years that last year erased the bad memories. This years total offense racked up more yards than any of Marrone's teams except last year. McDonald did a good job with what he had to work with and I look forward to next year.
Total SU Offense 2007 to 2012.jpg

People need to put this year in perspective. Our offenses have been so anemic in the last so many years that last year erased the bad memories. This years total offense racked up more yards than any of Marrone's teams except last year. McDonald did a good job with what he had to work with and I look forward to next year.
View attachment 6508
when you look at the rushing yards,they were w/o a 1,000 yard rusher also.

which should appeal to recruits who want carries

Bump. Read on coaching search.com that Toledo is targeting Daost for DC position.
Don't see a prior relationship with Toledo HC Campbell but Daoust is a native of Toledo and it might be attractive to him to return to his hometown.

This is one of those times, I think, when you need to spend some money to retain an excellent young coach. I hope it happens.

So which coach is leaving?
The process of the Stealth side requires certain steps be taken prior to releasing information to the minions on this forum. The prognosticating of something happening is part of the process...it is to get non paying members ready for important information that is presently being passed around to the paid side members and verification of the information...typically those in the real know. When the final determination and verification of the information is completed the Stealth side member will in fact release the information, if deemed information that can go to the minions, at a time and place he/she so chooses.

Why is it so difficult to understand the process that has been put in place to protect this board from unreasonable panic and discussion until what is going to happen actually does...this post serves to demonstrate the importance of the Stealth side and its members.

It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange..

Daoust is HCSS's guy, I could see him wanting to take a DC position, but, there's a lot of loyalty there and a very strong relationship fwiw.

Daoust is HCSS's guy, I could see him wanting to take a DC position, but, there's a lot of loyalty there and a very strong relationship fwiw.
That's good to hear. Retaining good talent is probably as difficult as recruiting good talent. The tasks required for good direction/management of a college football team seem endless.

very true. I said this the other day in another thread, but I was a little shocked when Douast wasn't tabbed the DC to begin with, however, Douast was named associate head coach as well special teams coord - so he's probably one of the higher paid staff members to begin with.

Friendship and loyalty only go so far though when you have career aspirations. If he does and he jumps its not like there'd be any bad blood. Shaf would give Douast a recommendation and blessing and wish him well.

You get the impression that if anyone leaves it will be to pursue another opportunity and not Shafer's doing.

GoSU96 said:
If Shafer was going to release anyone he would have done it before the convention.
It is possible that if he wants to cut someone he waits until after signing day. Still a lot of moving parts on the coaching landscape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom