Hmmm | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hmmm

McDonald went at me last Summer when I was trying to give the guy a compliment. Think skinned? Sure...but I want him here, period.

Holy crap! I have read these boards for many years and you would be very low on my list of people that he would have any reason to go after. I can't imagine what you could have said that he misinterpreted as criticism. Now that's ridiculous.

Holy crap! I have read these boards for many years and you would be very low on my list of people that he would have any reason to go after. I can't imagine what you could have said that he misinterpreted as criticism. Now that's ridiculous.

Well, one, I am kind of a punk. Jerk. Etc. But thanks.

The Tweet was something like: "Coach, if you can recruit as well as you Tweet, we will be in for great things. #gocuse" He responded with something along the lines of "Well given how much you Tweet, you must be Phil Jackson."

Then we exchanged in a schoolyard pissing match.

Whatever.

MadNY3 said:
Well, one, I am kind of a punk. Jerk. Etc. But thanks. The Tweet was something like: "Coach, if you can recruit as well as you Tweet, we will be in for great things. #gocuse" He responded with something along the lines of "Well given how much you Tweet, you must be Phil Jackson." Then we exchanged in a schoolyard pissing match. Whatever.

It was a thoroughly bizarre exchange, and it made me think the dude isn't particularly smart. But if he can recruit more power to him.

It was a thoroughly bizarre exchange, and it made me think the dude isn't particularly smart. But if he can recruit more power to him.
That's funny his play calling made me think the same thing. Funny how he all of the sudden got better when Tim Lester went up the booth.

That's funny his play calling made me think the same thing. Funny how he all of the sudden got better when Tim Lester went up the booth.

shh, there's no need to notice things like that.

Well, one, I am kind of a punk. Jerk. Etc. But thanks.

The Tweet was something like: "Coach, if you can recruit as well as you Tweet, we will be in for great things. #gocuse" He responded with something along the lines of "Well given how much you Tweet, you must be Phil Jackson."

Then we exchanged in a schoolyard pissing match.

Whatever.

That's the problem with twitter. These guys play defense. Because they just don't know and assume they're being attacked.

You should have responded and said "Coach if you post one tweet for every dollar I've donated to the SUAD, your twitter account would politely ask you to step away."

That would have been the end of that conversation.

McDonald went at me last Summer when I was trying to give the guy a compliment. Think skinned? Sure...but I want him here, period.

I don't get it. I suppose I like the chip on the shoulder but it's a bit unprofessional.

Everyone needs to lay off McDonald. We are lucky to have him. He is a young coordinator who improved as the season went on without much to work with at WR. Being a pass first OC that could cause some problems. We haven't had a recruiter like him in a long time. Let's enjoy him while we can instead of wanting to run him off.

Everyone needs to lay off McDonald. We are lucky to have him. He is a young coordinator who improved as the season went on without much to work with at WR. Being a pass first OC that could cause some problems. We haven't had a recruiter like him in a long time. Let's enjoy him while we can instead of wanting to run him off.
Seconded.

Listen, I'm a believer in the guy, but he did NOT perform well this year with what he HAD in a Jerome Smith, strong OL, etc. in leading us to a #100 offensive ranking.

I think this thread shows major favorability in him and wanting him with VERY LITTLE question. Telling an Internet forum to "lay off" a guy whose offense had no league passing TDs until game seven is laughable. Again, the support in this long thread shows support but many of us will not (nor will ever be) blind supporters of anyone...let alone the leader of the #100 offense.

Last edited:
Listen, I'm a believer in the guy, but he did NOT perform well this year with what he HAD in a Jerome Smith, strong OL, etc. in leading us to a #100 offensive ranking.

I think this thread shows major favorability in him and wanting him with VERY LITTLE question. Telling an Internet forum to "lay off" a guy whose offense had no league passing TDs until game seven is laughable. Again, the support in this long thread shows support but many of us will not (nor will ever be) blind supporters of anyone...let alone the leader of the #100 offense.

He didn't perform great, but he also wasn't bad. He had some good moments, and bad, just what could be expected of a young coordinator. He wouldn't have hand picked the personnel he had to use. With a little seasoning, and the guys he needs for his system I think we will see better results. Oh by the way he is the guy who will be getting those guys that he needs on that side of the ball .

Giving a young, inexperienced OC going through a learning curve a hard time. I swear it's like déjà vu on this board some days, or I guess I should say years.

Maybe up above helped Lester to correct T. Hunt in real time. Thus making OCGM calls work better. Hunt improved with Lester in the coaches box.

He didn't perform great, but he also wasn't bad. He had some good moments, and bad, just what could be expected of a young coordinator. He wouldn't have hand picked the personnel he had to use. With a little seasoning, and the guys he needs for his system I think we will see better results. Oh by the way he is the guy who will be getting those guys that he needs on that side of the ball .

He (likely) can recruit. But he is not above criticism. Agree with most of what you wrote here.

Do chatrooms, blogs, twitter etc., really cause a coach to get all pouty and want to leave their current employ because they dont like what is being said about them? there is that much influence? I mean, really.

Do chatrooms, blogs, twitter etc., really cause a coach to get all pouty and want to leave their current employ because they dont like what is being said about them? there is that much influence? I mean, really.
They better not or else we'd never have a coach last longer than one game.

They better not or else we'd never have a coach last longer than one game.
We're a tame lot of fans on this site compared to many other fan sites. Not sure a sensative person who cannot handle Syracuse fans will survive at most other schools. We spend more time on actual discussions about football and the team and less time on the whining and moaning. Hat tip to staff and posters for keeping it about our Orange.

Back to the original topic, which is Hmmm...
So Reed is the likliest to be leaving at HCSS's discretion and Moore is the likliest to be leaving at his own discretion?

George should stay at least long enough to develop Ashton Broyld into a top 5 pick. This would show that he can take a top talent that needs direction and make it into something, a recruiter is great, but a mentor to young men is what the top OC's are.

Who's trying to run him off?

Yeesh

George should stay at least long enough to develop Ashton Broyld into a top 5 pick. This would show that he can take a top talent that needs direction and make it into something, a recruiter is great, but a mentor to young men is what the top OC's are.

Pick for what? He doesn't have NFL hands or speed. I think he will be very good for us going forward but that is about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom