Holy Crap ... Desko finally joined Twitter | Syracusefan.com

Holy Crap ... Desko finally joined Twitter

I don't have a twitter account and I'm not a social media user. Glad to see Coach Desko giving it a go.

What little I understand of twitter is that people sometimes distinguish personal vs professional accounts.

I know the program has it's own twitter account and maybe this is me being too old fart-ish.

It doesn't look good to me that the program's recruiting coordinator has more tweets about Nebraska and Big 10 football prognostication than SU lacrosse stuff.

Being a proud father is great and I'm sure many associated with SU lax are pulling for Casey's success.

It just looks odd to me.

When i saw the thread title i assumed he opened it to publicize his summer camps. Glad to see he's getting with the times!

Glad to hear he will be traveling around for the summer for the summer. His twitter is off to a great start a great start!
that's ok, he cleared the tweet with the same editor who approved Dino's contract extension graphic.

Board: That Desko is a bum. So out of touch with today’s kids. Doesn’t do any recruiting.

Desko: Hey everyone, just started a Twitter account. I’m going to be out there recruiting this summer and be open about it.

Board: Desko is a bum. He started a Twitter account. He’s going to be recruiting this summer, just like we wanted. What a jackass!

You guys are something else. Nothing is good enough, is it?

Board: That Desko is a bum. So out of touch with today’s kids. Doesn’t do any recruiting.

Desko: Hey everyone, just started a Twitter account. I’m going to be out there recruiting this summer and be open about it.

Board: Desko is a bum. He started a Twitter account. He’s going to be recruiting this summer, just like we wanted. What a jackass!

We must be reading different threads, I don't see one post where anyone says anything close to that.

Hahaha what?? I am pretty sure every response to this is either people approving of it or people clearly joking...

Hahaha what?? I am pretty sure every response to this is either people approving of it or people clearly joking...

That's how I took it at least. Personally I am all for anything that helps SU recruiting wise even though the classes the last few years have in my opinion been a step up from the classes around 2013-2015. That said if I am being on honest the twitter thing seems or at least feels a bit forced and in typical SU fashion clearly wasn't reviewed before it went out. At least were taking a step into this 2010's though.

I just followed Desko. But, interestingly
it says he joined Twitter last August. That means he joined almost a year ago but never used it. Is Instagram next?

Desko is a good man. Not sure what he'll post about program beyond what cusemlax already does but it can serve to humanize.

Highly doubt he'll be as blunt on ongoing matters as President Trump but JD can let followers know where he'll be and when he has a bad cold.

If this please then all good.

I gave him a follow. I feel like coaching appearing to have a sizable following may help with recruiting but idk

His replies are going to be flooded with #firedesko nonsense after the first game we lose to a team that was not a lax powerhouse 20 years ago. I can see it now. "When you lose to a football school like Notre Dame you have to be a man and show yourself the door #firedesko" (35 likes)

Desko was in Albany today at some showcase at UAlbany put on in conjunction with United Lacrosse i think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom