Holy Cross Gameday... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Cross Gameday...

put the wood on mcintire . leave a bruise take home with his hat trick.

if they want to play their starters in a lost cause bust them up

Final stats: SU 15-6

1676233340388.png

1676233362699.png

next 4 games gonna be a true look at what this team is made of. I’m hoping at very least can go 2-2 next 4 games giving us rank wins with only rank loses. 3-1 would be super of course 4-0 would be nasty. Either way if they keep playing the way they have been and keep improving think they will be fine. Faceoffs today seem to struggle but defense n goalie made up for it. Either way really enjoy watching this team and love how alex simmons is feeding everyone.

Some highlights in case anyone hasn't seen. Check out the goal at 6:10. Elite ball movement without question. Hiltz Thomson Simmons and Spallina have some of the nicest passing ability I have seen from a cuse offensive unit. Leo looking not too far behind them either. So much potential when you have guys who can both catch anything and pass the ball over long distances at 80 mph with pinpoint accuracy. You can tell they are learning stuff from each other too. Pros and cons to an easy start to the schedule, but I think it was the right move to build the chemistry with a totally new offensive group. The starting unit looks rock solid and I also like a lot of what I have seen from the Kirst Rhoa Cook middie line.

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but I noticed Billy Dwan rotated in on defense pretty regularly against Holy Cross in ways he wasn't in the first two games of the season. He seemed to take the place of Caden Kol, and they maybe split each quarter, pretty evenly. Curious if they are trying to ease the freshman into the starting lineup, or were just trying to give their defense some rest given the short turn around. I think both Kol and Dwan have looked sharp early this season.

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but I noticed Billy Dwan rotated in on defense pretty regularly against Holy Cross in ways he wasn't in the first two games of the season. He seemed to take the place of Caden Kol, and they maybe split each quarter, pretty evenly. Curious if they are trying to ease the freshman into the starting lineup, or were just trying to give their defense some rest given the short turn around. I think both Kol and Dwan have looked sharp early this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little bit of both to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom