Holy Moly, Cassullo just went off on Marrone | Syracusefan.com

Holy Moly, Cassullo just went off on Marrone

RoofBeam

2nd String
From an article by Nate Mink:

"Self-centered, selfish, and greedy," Casullo said

"It's coming out now, and I don't want to say I told you so. I just sit here and mind my own business and move on."

When he takes a job, he already has his plan in place for his next job," Casullo said.

"He'll get a job because there are not enough qualified people with head coaching experience to get these jobs," Casullo said. "There are about nine or 10 guys out there that should be getting these jobs, and you're reshuffling an egomaniac, less-than-.500 coach."

Have you ever heard a coach, even a retired one, say anything close to this about another coach? I think you are completely underestimating the import of this. Casullo has worked for a lot of coaches and is very well respected in the fraternity.

Other than being generally entertaining, and for that I'm always grateful, I think this is just a lot of noise from a disgruntled ex employee.

A shot heard 'round Syracuse.
Dougie has $4M plus reasons to say WGAF what Bob says.

According to Bob's criteria, Belechiek(sp?) was unqualified when the Pats hired him.

Have you ever heard a coach, even a retired one, say anything close to this about another coach? I think you are completely underestimating the import of this. Casullo has worked for a lot of coaches and is very well respected in the fraternity.

So well regarded, he hasn't had a coaching job since Syracuse.

Does that say more about Marrone or Casullo?

Well when the retired coach was put into retirement by the guy he's bashing, I think it screams of bitterness.

He hasn't had another job since. Some respect.

I think you are completely underestimating the import of this.

I'm struggling to understand the importance of this, even if true.

Marrone vs Casullo
Marrone vs Buffalo front office
Marrone vs Buffalo media
Marrone vs Buffalo web site
Marrone vs out of town media
Marrone vs Syracuse media
Marrone vs some SU donors
Marrone vs some HS coaches
Marrone vs some SU AD

What's the common denominator? It can't be everyone else.

Marrone vs Casullo
Marrone vs Buffalo media
Marrone vs some SU AD

Marrone vs Chakka = best buds!
Just like Marrone - Chakka has no friends...:confused:

Anyway - Marrone to Jets cause I don't want to start a 20th thread about Marrone...but He is still interviewing so maybe he will go elsewhere.

Believe it or not I'm more concerned about Doust than Marrone these days...

Last edited:
Marrone vs Casullo
Marrone vs Buffalo media
Marrone vs some SU AD

See my Raylan Givens quote in the Marrone thread.

Marrone vs Casullo
Marrone vs Buffalo media
Marrone vs some SU AD

I took our 9year old to Manley/Melo Center this summer (drove up from Keuka) to show him the Mecca. I should have written about the trip/experience at the time, but got distracted. We walked into the football wing without any expectations and connected with one of the most knowledgable and tenured SU personel. He took us through the facility for over an hour including all the locker rooms. We asked 100 questions and got 100 answers. My one Marrone question: "What was Marrone like?" Response: "one of the most paranoid and egotistical guys I have ever met". He also said he would deny that if asked. The contrarian question about Shafer "not a better guy out there.." Coaching aside, there is no doubt Coach Marrone has legit reputation issues.

tboxCUSE92 said:
I took our 9year old to Manley/Melo Center this summer (drove up from Keuka) to show him the Mecca. I should have written about the trip/experience at the time, but got distracted. We walked into the football wing without any expectations and connected with one of the most knowledgable and tenured SU personel. He took us through the facility for over an hour including all the locker rooms. We asked 100 questions and got 100 answers. My one Marrone question: "What was Marrone like?" Response: "one of the most paranoid and egotistical guys I have ever met". He also said he would deny that if asked. The contrarian question about Shafer "not a better guy out there.." Coaching aside, there is no doubt Coach Marrone has legit reputation issues.

On the QT, several people up there have said the same. He alienated everyone, yet it's always everyone else's issue.

2121068736_13c07e7f3a.jpg

On the QT, several people up there have said the same. He alienated everyone, yet it's always everyone else's issue.