Home Opener Attendance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Home Opener Attendance

Linda...until the bandwagon heats up...undersell a bit to make the quick sale...IMHO
These were on for less than 24 hours and they sold!I put them on yesterday morning, and woke up this morning to the email.

About 100 million middle aged folks disagree with you on that... #RapSux

BTW, I'm guessing 35,321 announced
Yet all of these "country" singers use "slang" from 90s rap.

Opps edit. 39,757

Country? Really country? I mean it's country music. Uhgg...worst music ever.
So...what musical preference would have you miss the opening game?

BTW, Country is still the number 1 format in radio. So, maybe it's you that has poor musical taste.

My wife and sister-in-law are going to the FGL concert with the kids. Frees up me and my brother-in-law to attend the game.

Yet all of these "country" singers use "slang" from 90s rap.

Opps edit. 39,757
Most country is crap too...give me Waylon, George, Merle, Willie...any day

Last edited:
i get going to a concert if its actually some one worth seeing. but FGL is pretty lame country music.

Someone mentioned upthread that there is likely very little overlap between the Florida Georgia Line crowd and the SU football crowd. I agree. At worst there may be a few hundred people who will head the the concert rather than going to the game, but it's not nearly enough to make a sizable impact.

And if it wasn't a concert at the Fair there'd be something else that people would say was keeping folks away from the Dome (Labor Day weekend, etc). There's always a reason(s).

I don't expect much of a crowd because that's how sports are these days. Even some of the biggest programs in the country have really struggled to attract crowds for FCS/low-tier FBS opponents. Scan the stands at similar games tonight and tomorrow, they'll be half-empty.

It'd be great if there are 30K actually in the Dome tomorrow night. Win, create some excitement, and shoot for 40K for Louisville.

Scooch said:
Someone mentioned upthread that there is likely very little overlap between the Florida Georgia Line crowd and the SU football crowd. I agree. At worst there may be a few hundred people who will head the the concert rather than going to the game, but it's not nearly enough to make a sizable impact. And if it wasn't a concert at the Fair there'd be something else that people would say was keeping folks away from the Dome (Labor Day weekend, etc). There's always a reason(s). I don't expect much of a crowd because that's how sports are these days. Even some of the biggest programs in the country have really struggled to attract crowds for FCS/low-tier FBS opponents. Scan the stands at similar games tonight and tomorrow, they'll be half-empty. It'd be great if there are 30K actually in the Dome tomorrow night. Win, create some excitement, and shoot for 40K for Louisville.

Yep, it's really all about people in the door for Louisville. Friday is just an audition, attendance is meaningless.

You and I have both said from our freshman year, 1st game vs Vandy, 35k, 2nd game vs Florida, 49k.

It's just the way it works.

Yep, it's really all about people in the door for Louisville. Friday is just an audition, attendance is meaningless.

You and I have both said from our freshman year, 1st game vs Vandy, 35k, 2nd game vs Florida, 49k.

It's just the way it works.

Totally. That 35K for Vandy didn't phaze me because I was a frosh with no prior Dome experience. I was just enthralled with being in the place. Plus I was used to early 90s Pats crowds which were just as empty. But man, to see the place packed for Florida was something else.

We can get back to that. This year is all about the rebuild: both the program and the fanbase.

All I know is that I'll be there and can't wait to see the Dino Babers Era begin!

The pre-game on the Quad - the Hoffman's Coneys - the Dome - Syracuse Football.

It just doesn't get any better than that.

All I know is that I'll be there and can't wait to see the Dino Babers Era begin!

The pre-game on the Quad - the Hoffman's Coneys - the Dome - Syracuse Football.

It just doesn't get any better than that.
Amen

So...what musical preference would have you miss the opening game?

BTW, Country is still the number 1 format in radio. So, maybe it's you that has poor musical taste.

My wife and sister-in-law are going to the FGL concert with the kids. Frees up me and my brother-in-law to attend the game.
No kind of music would make me miss a home game. Glad to hear that your day is free so you will be at the game.
Go Orange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom