Honest rules question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Honest rules question

No. If you do that you'll get T'd and tossed yourself immediately for being a F-ing lunatic, and deservedly so. And you'll probably be suspended for a number of games, by your own coach and AD. This is not TV wrestling. If you're a player, your role is to play. Period. Leave the rules to the referees, I guarantee you they know them much better than any of the fans.
Is that what you think or what you know? The coach 4 feet onto the court giving instructions constantly is an evolved leniency. There was no conscious intention for them to be giving personal instructions on a play by play basis. You win the award for most pious in the thread (kudos!), but I don't have any reason to believe you're accurate.

Is that what you think or what you know? The coach 4 feet onto the court giving instructions constantly is an evolved leniency. There was no conscious intention for them to be giving personal instructions on a play by play basis. You win the award for most pious in the thread (kudos!), but I don't have any reason to believe you're accurate.

I played in college, and I've been a coach at the HS level and a ref at the college level for over 30 years. You can believe whatever you want.

If our guys whips the ball and hits buzz while on the court, wouldn't that be a technical on the vt bench? Why don't we ever go for this. It would be simple to just act like we're dribbling past him up court and the hit him like dodgeball.

I happen to like Buzz Williams. I think he's a classy coach. Unlike Dick Pitino, when Buzz wins or loses he praises the other team. Dick will criticise his own team for not playing well.

I happen to like Buzz Williams. I think he's a classy coach. Unlike Dick Pitino, when Buzz wins or loses he praises the other team. Dick will criticise his own team for not playing well.
I like him, too. I was speaking generally. BUT, I'd still do it just to make him change his preferred routine.

I played in college, and I've been a coach at the HS level and a ref at the college level for over 30 years. You can believe whatever you want.
"Coaching box. Failure to comply with the rule results in a distinct advantage that is not
within the spirit and intent of the rules. The rule is clear and concise. The head coach or
any other bench personnel may not be outside the prescribed coaching box except when
otherwise permitted by rule. After a warning, for the first violation, a technical foul should
be assessed for any subsequent infraction. "

"Coaching box. Failure to comply with the rule results in a distinct advantage that is not
within the spirit and intent of the rules. The rule is clear and concise. The head coach or
any other bench personnel may not be outside the prescribed coaching box except when
otherwise permitted by rule. After a warning, for the first violation, a technical foul should
be assessed for any subsequent infraction. "
Yup. It's a rule largely ignored by refs. They should enforce it or change it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom