Hoops program tiers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hoops program tiers

1703885664937.png

I’m not arguing any schools ranking, but it’s interesting human behavior to me that UConn was regularly 10 to 15 on these lists a year ago after not winning a tournament game for a decade and then suddenly after one season everyone’s like now they’re a top 5 program!!! Humans love recency bias.

Last edited:
I’m not arguing any schools ranking , but it’s interesting human behavior to me that UConn was regularly 10 to 15 on these lists a year ago after not winning a tournament game for a decade and then suddenly after one season everyone’s like now they’re a top 5 program!!! Humans love recency bias.
UConn has been top 10 on these lists for quite some time but not considered a blue blood. We actually were also considered a top 10 all-time program until recently, although you can still make the case. It just takes one more deep Elite Eight/Final Four type run for us to get right back in the conversation.

UConn has been top 10 on these lists for quite some time but not considered a blue blood. We actually were also considered a top 10 all-time program until recently, although you can still make the case. It just takes one more deep Elite Eight/Final Four type run for us to get right back in the conversation.
What I said is true. Google is your friend.

It’s Duke, UK, Kansas and probably UCLA still as top tier.

We are in the larger second tier.

This isn’t UConn hate or anything. The history of college ball is deep. You have to consider it all.

Also, screw UConn. Screw Duke.

It’s Duke, UK, Kansas and probably UCLA still as top tier.

We are in the larger second tier.

This isn’t UConn hate or anything. The history of college ball is deep. You have to consider it all.

Also, screw UConn. Screw Duke.

And UNC.

The biggest travesty is that Hurley built this version negatively recruiting against Boheim, just like the first version under Calhoun bennfitted from SU being on probation. Not saying Calhoun wasn’t great but UConn may never have gotten to the heights they achieved without the first SU probation (that’s on us) and Hurley out recruited the pants off an old Boheim (also on us).

Hurley literally told recruits he was going to win a NC. I thought it was a disgusting bold face lie. I’m still in shock.

Let’s hope Red has some nasty in him and can grab some of the best recruits because we’re going to need them.
Doesn’t every coach of a top 25 program tell a recruit they are going to win a NC? I sure hope JB was telling recruits that as well? And I sure hope Red is telling recruits that his plan is to win a title… not just get to the dance.

Doesn’t every coach of a top 25 program tell a recruit they are going to win a NC? I sure hope JB was telling recruits that as well? And I sure hope Red is telling recruits that his plan is to win a title… not just get to the dance.
That’s a good question. I’m not so sure JB was telling recruits that. I really don’t know what he was telling them but the UConn recruits were openly talking about Hurley selling that vision. To your point, that’s probably a good thing, but at the time I thought it was a bit disingenuous coming from a guy who’d never won a tournament game. Also, I don’t hear Red talking about national championships. I don’t know what he says in private, but I hear him talking about restoring SU basketball. Hurley practically bragged about winning a championship before he’d ever accomplished anything. But, mission accomplished. Joke is on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom