Hoosiers Everywhere: Tip of the hat to your team, coaches and fans | Syracusefan.com

Hoosiers Everywhere: Tip of the hat to your team, coaches and fans

Hoosier1987

Walk On
Most fans who lose a game like my Hoosiers like to be classless and not give credit where credit is due. If I could have gone into the locker room your players resided in after the game I would have told them they will win the National Championship if they play with that type of determination and effort.

That zone was the best I have ever seen and Coach B. has done a wonderful job with your team. Your team played like a team that was ready for anything tonight and that type of preparation must be respected by the world. The best thing about your zone is how far is comes out on the floor and it will be something I hope to simulate with a youth league team this summer. Coach B. is a true Hall of Fame coach that does not need to retire and if the NCAA does not get off his butt it will continue to piss me off.

I hope that Coach Crean is able to be critical with himself because he made some mistakes that I am still scratching my head about in this game. I could not understand why he replaced Hulls with Yogi at the 17:00 mark of the second half. Yogi just has not learned how to properly play in half court sets yet. I have no idea why we didn't go big because we had the horses and no pressure was applied in the game.

Thus, negating the need for a point guard for full court pressure in the game. Furthermore, our substitution pattern was a problem and it seems that no one can talk Coach Crean out of doing what he thinks is right. Hence, hopefully someone is able to get in his ear and convince him that he is his own worst enemy.

Also, I thought that I would add a little note about our former commit Ron "Buss" Patterson that will play for Syracuse next season. He is a heck of a player and his effort will never be questioned on the floor. When he was at IU over the summer many people will tell you that IU had to get him out to solve the scholarship situation and that simply was not true. A player had already given up his scholarship to make the numbers balance out. He was on a faculty sponsored admission ticket at IU that required he make a 2.0 GPA and he had a few problems in general over the summer that sealed his fate at IU. Please know that I am happy he will be at a blue blood program in the Fall of 2013.

Syracuse 2013 National Champions has a nice ring to it and hopefully someone offers to send me some Syracuse Apparel soon! Win with class and lose with class and your program will be fortunate soon enough right?

Regards,

A simple basketball fan that wants "The Cuse" to hang another banner
Send apparel soon

Most fans who lose a game like my Hoosiers like to be classless and not give credit where credit is due. If I could have gone into the locker room your players resided in after the game I would have told them they will win the National Championship if they play with that type of determination and effort.

That zone was the best I have ever seen and Coach B. has done a wonderful job with your team. Your team played like a team that was ready for anything tonight and that type of preparation must be respected by the world. The best thing about your zone is how far is comes out on the floor and it will be something I hope to simulate with a youth league team this summer. Coach B. is a true Hall of Fame coach that does not need to retire and if the NCAA does not get off his butt it will continue to piss me off.

I hope that Coach Crean is able to be critical with himself because he made some mistakes that I am still scratching my head about in this game. I could not understand why he replaced Hulls with Yogi at the 17:00 mark of the second half. Yogi just has not learned how to properly play in half court sets yet. I have no idea why we didn't go big because we had the horses and no pressure was applied in the game.

Thus, negating the need for a point guard for full court pressure in the game. Furthermore, our substitution pattern was a problem and it seems that no one can talk Coach Crean out of doing what he thinks is right. Hence, hopefully someone is able to get in his ear and convince him that he is his own worst enemy.

Also, I thought that I would add a little note about our former commit Ron "Buss" Patterson that will play for Syracuse next season. He is a heck of a player and his effort will never be questioned on the floor. When he was at IU over the summer many people will tell you that IU had to get him out to solve the scholarship situation and that simply was not true. A player had already given up his scholarship to make the numbers balance out. He was on a faculty sponsored admission ticket at IU that required he make a 2.0 GPA and he had a few problems in general over the summer that sealed his fate at IU. Please know that I am happy he will be at a blue blood program in the Fall of 2013.

Syracuse 2013 National Champions has a nice ring to it and hopefully someone offers to send me some Syracuse Apparel soon! Win with class and lose with class and your program will be fortunate soon enough right?

Regards,

Send apparel soon
thank you for your thoughts.

Regards,

Send apparel soon
Thanks for stopping by man.

Thanks for the post!

Your screen name doesn't 'Smart' as much as it did yesterday.

Hoosier your daddy now?

Congrats on an excellent season. Looks like Indiana should be back to being nationally significant for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the kind words. I was/am a huge Bobby Knight fan but Crean made some curious moves last night and I'm still a bit puzzled.

Regardless, you said it well in the fact that "you've got the horses" and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we meet you guys on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of next years tourney once again.

This is a pretty classy board. Your post shows you are a clown.
You know dam well that a screen name Hoosier1987 is meant to rub our noses in the loss to IU in '87 so please don't give that "I'm classier than you crap".

The Hoosier daddy post was meant in jest just as his/her screen name doesn't 'Smart' anymore was. Glad to see you have a sense of humor after your loss to us.

How do you think I would be received on your board with a name like HoosierDaddy?

If you are such a 'nice' hoosier, why are you calling me names?

This is a pretty classy board. Your post shows you are a clown.

Yeah, no. I'm trying to think of an analogy that might work for you. Imagine I go post on your board with the screen name, I don't know, "BobbyKnightLovesChokingEighteenYearOlds." But even that doesn't comes close. If the guy's just dying to say something here, take the 3 seconds to register a screen name that references something other than the most scarring event in Syracuse history for multiple generations of fans.

Good post. The Indiana fans sitting next to us were all class. IU fans are definitely passionate and loud, luckily we didn't give them a chance to take over.

Looked like a couple IU fans in the SU section were tossed. One of them was definitely that Gangham style singer, had no idea that was his team. This might have already been talked about, so hard to keep up, but any SU fans in that area know what happened? Just general trash?

If anyone was in or around 216, you had to notice the Marquette fan in the first row who was clearly putting something in his cokes. He was a dead ringer for Doug Marrone. Stumbled all over the place, spilled his drink at least 10 times (on 5 different people). Last I heard from one of his friends, he was throwing up on the club carpet after he fell down.

Good post. The Indiana fans sitting next to us were all class. IU fans are definitely passionate and loud, luckily we didn't give them a chance to take over.

Looked like a couple IU fans in the SU section were tossed. One of them was definitely that Gangham style singer, had no idea that was his team. This might have already been talked about, so hard to keep up, but any SU fans in that area know what happened? Just general trash?

If anyone was in or around 216, you had to notice the Marquette fan in the first row who was clearly putting something in his cokes. He was a dead ringer for Doug Marrone. Stumbled all over the place, spilled his drink at least 10 times (on 5 different people). Last I heard from one of his friends, he was throwing up on the club carpet after he fell down.
We need more reports like this!

the only problem I have with your post is I am not sure you are correct about the Ron Patterson situation

Was impressed by the number of fans IU brought and by the quality of their character.

With few exceptions, they were classy, knowledgeable and fun to interact with.

The golden rule is, the better the program, the better the fans are. Works for everyone except a school civility does not permit me to name at this time.

Regards,

Send apparel soon
I had to "like" your post because of the class you showed. I must, however, say that I hate your screen name. ;)

You know dam well that a screen name Hoosier1987 is meant to rub our noses in the loss to IU in '87 so please don't give that "I'm classier than you crap".

The Hoosier daddy post was meant in jest just as his/her screen name doesn't 'Smart' anymore was. Glad to see you have a sense of humor after your loss to us.

How do you think I would be received on your board with a name like HoosierDaddy?

If you are such a 'nice' hoosier, why are you calling me names?

Maybe he graduated from IU in 1987.

Did that ever occur to you?

Do you think Go uses 1996 in his name to recall SU Football's bowl win that year?

Ugh.

Thanks for your comments...got to add went to Indiana S...t Board for bball and they must be one of the classiest and best fans around...not one negative word about 'Cuse in game thread...it would be a pleasure to meet their teams and fans at competitive events...perhaps it is simply the upbringing and IQ of their fans that differentiate them from schools like WVU.

I think this has been my favorite post I have read since after the game. Thanks for posting, good luck to you guys in the future.

Crap!!! Although I am not one that is a liker who likes giving a "like" like all the time; like I had to like it. :oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom