Hop brought back for next year at UW…. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Hop brought back for next year at UW….

what does 5-21 say?
3 years ago?

You probably just went to his wiki like a lazy dolt like you do with your off topic takes, you do realize he lost multiple players to the NBA, and lost a key player from the roster right before the season. Doesn’t help his cause he got burned the the McDainiels family in the process.

Greg Paulus record isn’t great but he’s an excellent coach, never mind he loses players to the P5 every year and was thrusted into the job under weird circumstances.

Do your homework.

3 years ago?

You probably just went to his wiki like a lazy dolt like you do with your off topic takes, you do realize he lost multiple players to the NBA, and lost a key player from the roster right before the season. Doesn’t help his cause he got burned the the McDainiels family in the process.

Greg Paulus record isn’t great but he’s an excellent coach, never mind he loses players to the P5 every year and was thrusted into the job under weird circumstances.

Do your homework.
1 NCAA tournament appearance in 6 years. You hammer Coach Boeheim for the last 2 years.
Hopkins has done a terrible job.
Washington is more out of national landscape than we are.
Hopkins plays primary zone defense and he hasn’t built a complete team in years.
He doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt you won’t give Coach Boeheim and I am ready for coach Boeheim to retire.
I want no part of Hopkins as the next head coach.

1 NCAA tournament appearance in 6 years. You hammer Coach Boeheim for the last 2 years.
Hopkins plays primary zone defense and he hasn’t built a complete team in years.
He doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt you won’t give Coach Boeheim and I am ready for coach Boeheim to retire.
I think Hop is a great coach from certain standpoints:

Great with players, recruiting, handles himself with class and is likable and charismatic, and I’m sure runs a great practice and knows how to develop players.

Not sure about the X’s and O’s or overall approach offensively or defensively though.

I hammer coach Boeheim? I’ve never called for him to be fired. You think Syracuse and Washington are peer schools? One guys has coached for 50 years, I’d probably give JB a pass in his first few years too, especially after winning two coach of the year titles.

I do not hammer JB, because that’s what you want to think it doesn’t mean it’s true, it fits your agenda but it’s BS. Do I knock how he slams his players in public and is awful with the local media? Yup, do I hate the lineup he starts off with every game while we build a 10 point deficit every game? Yup. Do I dislike how some players get treated different than others, yup. But never said he should be fired once.

I think Hop is a great coach from certain standpoints:

Great with players, recruiting, handles himself with class and is likable and charismatic, and I’m sure runs a great practice and knows how to develop players.

Not sure about the X’s and O’s or overall approach offensively or defensively though.
I like Hop but I am just going by his results.
He has a good job at Washington and only has 1 NCAA tournament appearance and that isn’t acceptable for that level
He can recruit and is a really likable guy.
I think he will get another job at the A-10 level m

That Kerr kid who has struggled a lot is carving up the Washington zone with daggers.

I hammer coach Boeheim? I’ve never called for him to be fired. You think Syracuse and Washington are peer schools? One guys has coached for 50 years, I’d probably give JB a pass in his first few years too, especially after winning two coach of the year titles.

I do not hammer JB, because that’s what you want to think it doesn’t mean it’s true, it fits your agenda but it’s BS. Do I knock how he slams his players in public and is awful with the local media? Yup, do I hate the lineup he starts off with every game while we build a 10 point deficit every game? Yup. Do I dislike how some players get treated different than others, yup. But never said he should be fired once.
I’ll vouch for you. While at times you can be one of JB’s harshest critics, you are very much in the “he’s earned the right to retire when he wants” camp.

I’ll vouch for you. While at times you can be one of JB’s harshest critics, you are very much in the “he’s earned the right to retire when he wants” camp.
There is enough to pick apart what I say than outright lie. You know this better than anyone haha.

We have a talent problem, not a coaching problem. Let’s worry about talent first.

*disclaimer for those who need it* we all know recruiting is part of coaching.
100%. Been said for years, people just refuse to believe this.

this should be JB’s last season too.

Agreed 144%.

Nothing changes until the coaching changes.

And - bonus!
we don’t have any ‘23 croots to worry about losing due to a coaching change!

Elijah Moore even said that he doesn’t know for sure who the Cuse HC will be, but he trusts the program to make a good hire.

Timing is right for him to sail off into the sunset after this season mercifully ends.

Thanks for the memories, JAB.
Enjoy your retirement, you’ve more than earned it.

Straw man argument. Hammer is equal to calling for his firing. Poster says you “hammer” coach. You agree that you knock him in several regards yet insist that you don’t “hammer” him (a fairly subjective term) because you haven’t called for his firing.

Agreed 144%.

And - bonus!

Elijah Moore even said that he doesn’t know for sure who the Cuse HC will be, but he trusts the program to make a good hire.

Timing is right for him to sail off into the sunset after this season mercifully ends.

Red or Gmac

Agreed 144%.

And - bonus!

Translation - Money is still green, no matter the name of the head coach.

3 years ago?

Do your homework.

If JB really steers the program further into the abyss and we screw up the next hire and noone good wants the job (ie we can't get a coach from a tournament team in a major conference) Paulus is a very good option.

They look brutal so far tonight vs UCLA down 20 early.

Not sure how they are 5-7 entering this game in the P12 is it down that much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom