Hop does something JB never did... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hop does something JB never did...

With SU an 8 and UW a 9, it's really a shame that the Tournament Committee didn't match them up. Don't understand why they didn't. Such a natural storyline.

It's silly to place significant value in any one game. It says more about your sports knowledge, as an athlete and/or a fan, then it does about Hop.

The PAC-12 is terrible right now, and will never be the ACC.

At the same time it will not always be this terrible. It is up and down. Just 3 years ago I believe they had 7 teams in the tournament.

Sometimes just getting the fan base behind you while picking up wins, is good enough to stem the tide until you can make real success with legitimate big wins.

Pretty sure JB never lost a conference championship by 20...as the #1 seed.

I really don't get all the over the top love for Hop. He's a good guy. I've drank several a beer with him at NCAA tournament sites over the years. I'm not convinced he's a great coach. But if anyone wants to wonder if he would consider coming back today's selection show might provide a hint. None of the talking heads on ESPN thing UW deserves a bid. They have 1 win against teams projected to make the tournament and that is Oregon who beat them by 20 last night. Highest seed I've seen for them is #11. Soooo...go 15-3 in P12 and maybe miss the dance or finish in the top 6-8 in the ACC and actually have a chance.

He's got some great recruits coming, he still has to prove he can coach them.
He did lose one by 33, but as a 3 seed, to the one seed.
Anyone guess to who? No peeking.

Seton Hall

Seton Hall

The day after the blizzard of '93. With how soft NYC has become no way that game gets played nowadays

Hop just got lapped by the game (it passed him by several weeks ago)!!

Seton Hall

That was the year we were playing spoiler in the BET because we were banned from the NCAA tourney. I vividly remember watching that game at Danzer's. We spent more time that night following the Quick Draw monitors than the game.

That was the year we were playing spoiler in the BET because we were banned from the NCAA tourney. I vividly remember watching that game at Danzer's. We spent more time that night following the Quick Draw monitors than the game.
Just went to the reincarnation of Danzers. It was much the same.

Hop has done a nice job - program was not as bad as its record when he got there and not as good as its record now. He has taken advantage of the 3 leaders of that conference ( UCLA, AZ, and Oregon) going thru dry spells or injury issues. He has landed major studs - let's see how it goes from here.

With SU an 8 and UW a 9, it's really a shame that the Tournament Committee didn't match them up. Don't understand why they didn't. Such a natural storyline.

Probably because UW has already played Gonzaga and they like to avoid rematches as much as possible.