Hop getting shredded | Syracusefan.com

Hop getting shredded

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyT

Walk On
On the Washington message boards. Already lost QG and the zone is getting picked apart. He may be coming back after all.

McDaniels and Carter are overrated shoot them out of games when it’s not their night.

Green shot the 3 ball well and did enough to makeup for the few turnovers he made. They don’t know what they want to do there. Hop doesn’t trust the bench even though they roll 8-9 deep.

McDaniels and Stewart are the best players but are both freshmen some struggles should be expected this isn’t a vet team. Also the P12 is very good this year and deep. USC Oregon Colorado Oregon St Stanford legit teams and Utah best Kentucky ASU isn’t bad etc. .500 in conference should be expected.

Baylor win should get them in if they find themselves on the bubble. I’m so mad we didn’t get to play that team with Howard last year.

He was great the last two seasons, but fans are concerned. For one, he succeeded with Romar's recruits. Nowell, Thybulle, Crisp, Dickerson, etc. all Romar guys. His guys haven't exactly panned out (Wright, Naz, etc.). This is the first year where it has really been Hop's recruits, and it isn't working out.

Some are putting Quade Green's ineligibility on Hop. That is up for debate. Either way it's not a good look for the program.

He's getting a lot of criticism for not trusting the younger guys. He continues to play a struggling Wright instead of Roberts.

There is a lot of concern about the future. Young guys aren't getting better, and UW has no one signed for next season. Hop seems to be going all in on 2021, which is a dangerous gamble.

He was great the last two seasons, but fans are concerned. For one, he succeeded with Romar's recruits. Nowell, Thybulle, Crisp, Dickerson, etc. all Romar guys. His guys haven't exactly panned out (Wright, Naz, etc.). This is the first year where it has really been Hop's recruits, and it isn't working out.

Some are putting Quade Green's ineligibility on Hop. That is up for debate. Either way it's not a good look for the program.

He's getting a lot of criticism for not trusting the younger guys. He continues to play a struggling Wright instead of Roberts.

There is a lot of concern about the future. Young guys aren't getting better, and UW has no one signed for next season. Hop seems to be going all in on 2021, which is a dangerous gamble.

tell them not to worry. We’ll take him back after 21/22.

He brought in Stewart and McDaniels lmao

He brought in Stewart and McDaniels lmao

McDaniels was a UW guy, not a Hop guy. He was coming here regardless of the coach. Stewart is 100% a Hop guy. But one and dones have not done well at UW. We have had a lot of them, a lot more than you guys. I don't think we've ever made the dance with a one and done. Tony Wroten...missed. Spencer Hawes...missed. Fultz...missed. Dejounte Murray and Chriss...missed...Stewart and McDaniels...looking like a miss. Some husky fans are saying they don't want Banchero, which I think is just silly.

McDaniels was a UW guy, not a Hop guy. He was coming here regardless of the coach. Stewart is 100% a Hop guy. But one and dones have not done well at UW. We have had a lot of them, a lot more than you guys. I don't think we've ever made the dance with a one and done. Tony Wroten...missed. Spencer Hawes...missed. Fultz...missed. Dejounte Murray and Chriss...missed...Stewart and McDaniels...looking like a miss. Some husky fans are saying they don't want Banchero, which I think is just silly.
You guys are right, Hop stinks. Please send him on the next bus back to Syracuse. Please. For the love of god.

Hop will come back home and run the east coast in recruiting.

Funny that Romar could never win with his guys and now Hop draws criticism because he did. LOL

Fans are just being irrational. That’s how sports are. If you have aspirations of being a sweet 16 team, and it looks like you won’t even make the NIT, then yeah fans are going to be upset. It’s not all on Hop, but UW is one of the most underperforming teams in the country. If Syracuse had our talent and started the conference 1-3 with losses to BC and Wake, you’d probably be upset too.

I don’t think fans are asking for him to be fired, but they are concerned. Especially with zero recruits signed for next year. Will likely be at least a two year drought for Hop.

Fans are just being irrational. That’s how sports are. If you have aspirations of being a sweet 16 team, and it looks like you won’t even make the NIT, then yeah fans are going to be upset. It’s not all on Hop, but UW is one of the most underperforming teams in the country. If Syracuse had our talent and started the conference 1-3 with losses to BC and Wake, you’d probably be upset too.

I don’t think fans are asking for him to be fired, but they are concerned. Especially with zero recruits signed for next year. Will likely be at least a two year drought for Hop.
Zero recruits signed for next year? Wow didn’t think Hop would’ve agreed with JW to come back so early

Sounds like “too early” panic to me. That league sucks, they could very well still win it. Even without Greene, I’d think they’ll win enough to make the NIT.

“Won’t even makes the NIT” is such a stretch. No NIT implies under .500 which means youd have to go 4-10 to end the year. KenPom thinks you’ll finish the season 19–12 overall and 9-9 in conference play.

The Baylor win could be the best win of any “bubble team” come selection Sunday

I think you guys under estimate the losses to UCLA and Cal. They will have NETs north of 100. Sure UW can turn it around, but to start 1-3 and not even play any of the top 5 teams is not good. Cal will likely finish bottom two in the conference and UCLA in the bottom four of the conference.

Washington just needs to make the tournament and then anybody can go on a run.

They are struggling but they can beat Oregon on Saturday and get back into the tournament.

Would it be a better look if he continued to be 'eligible' even though he didn't deserve it? Making a key player ineligible implies the application of standards other schools might not use.

Washington fans are nuts. Some good wins and they get all excited but then when adversity hits the circular firing squads assemble . . . luckily we don't have that problem at all ;)

We’ve at least been spoiled by many decades of consistent success. Why would they be so irrational? They historically make the tourney like 3 times per decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom