Hop Presser | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hop Presser

Guaranteed some tournament, early season or NCAA sets us up to play UW in the next 3 years. Guaranteed.

Anyone who has questions about his relationship with JB needs to watch the presser.
When people were saying his relationship with JB had soured, all I could think of was a press conference after the sanctions were announced. Tears in his eyes, saying JB is Superman. It would take an awful lot for feelings that deep to change.

When people were saying his relationship with JB had soured, all I could think of was a press conference after the sanctions were announced. Tears in his eyes, saying JB is Superman. It would take an awful lot for feelings that deep to change.
And they haven't, unless Hop is somehow also a world class actor.

Guaranteed some tournament, early season or NCAA sets us up to play UW in the next 3 years. Guaranteed.
Well, we know the NIT would arrange that.

Let's just hope that's never an option.

Washington is a team I will root for. I've never had a second team, but it's impossible not to root for Hop.

Sadly they aren't on tv a whole lot, and when they are its late, so it won't be easy to watch them too closely.

Honestly as a SYRACUSE fan first, I feel a little betrayed. The university bent over backwards for him. Like Boeheim said no other school in the country has a succession plan in place. We put Hop on a pedestal. Contrary to what the Boeheim haters believe, he was ready to take over after this year. Deal in place. "I don't work like that". Really? I have no problem with him taking another job but it would have been nice if this went on 2 or 3 years ago. He put Syracuse in a really tough spot. Yeah we still get Boeheim for a few more years but that's not how this was suppose to go down. It was time for Hopkins to take over and lead us into the future. He bailed. Brings up wojo and Chris Collins and talks about envy. What if they were set to take over Duke in a year. Do they up and leave? Absolutely not.
I'll always root for Hop but I feel cheated after seeing how this played out. Tough for me to believe Washington is a better gig than Syracuse but looks like it is in Hops eyes.

Question for Cuseattle, or anyone else living out there, how is the reaction to the hire out there?
They don't know anything about him, and they probably wanted a bigger name coach. I imagine today helped a bunch getting people on board. UW has always been much more of a football school.
I'm exited as hell.

They don't know anything about him, and they probably wanted a bigger name coach. I imagine today helped a bunch getting people on board. UW has always been much more of a football school.
I'm exited as hell.
That's the Hop I've always seen in his media appearances and behind the scenes -- earnest, enthusiastic, inspiring and without a trace of pretense. If that doesn't get the UW community excited, I will be surprised.

Question for Cuseattle, or anyone else living out there, how is the reaction to the hire out there?

Husky Fan here, I think most out here are excited for the hire once they found out more details on who Mike was. Many were upset that they weren't going to see MPJ play, but now realize that we need a program back here. LOVED his press conference, it was great. He has similar thoughts with our football coach here. Talking about Fit, Values, Work ethic. It was great. I've been lurking for a few days just to see the reaction of the fans here, and what I see is that he beloved in the basketball community.

am I dreaming or drunk...didnt I see Syracuse v Washington at the Garden about 10 years ago?

We played them in the Dome too. In fact maybe more than once years ago unless I'm hallucinating again.

Honestly as a SYRACUSE fan first, I feel a little betrayed. The university bent over backwards for him. Like Boeheim said no other school in the country has a succession plan in place. We put Hop on a pedestal. Contrary to what the Boeheim haters believe, he was ready to take over after this year. Deal in place. "I don't work like that". Really? I have no problem with him taking another job but it would have been nice if this went on 2 or 3 years ago. He put Syracuse in a really tough spot. Yeah we still get Boeheim for a few more years but that's not how this was suppose to go down. It was time for Hopkins to take over and lead us into the future. He bailed. Brings up wojo and Chris Collins and talks about envy. What if they were set to take over Duke in a year. Do they up and leave? Absolutely not.
I'll always root for Hop but I feel cheated after seeing how this played out. Tough for me to believe Washington is a better gig than Syracuse but looks like it is in Hops eyes.
You are assuming the new AD told Hop - you're definitely our guy.

You are assuming the new AD told Hop - you're definitely our guy.
Yeah I am assuming this because it's been brought up at nauseum. Is there any inside info that wildhack didn't want Hop? Both sides are assuming. I'm choosing to trust the university and Boeheim when it comes to this. They put this plan in place because they didn't want to lose Hopkins. They made it pretty clear that he was the guy. Only school in country to put an assistant on such a pedestal.

Yeah I am assuming this because it's been brought up at nauseum. Is there any inside info that wildhack didn't want Hop? Both sides are assuming. I'm choosing to trust the university and Boeheim when it comes to this. They put this plan in place because they didn't want to lose Hopkins. They made it pretty clear that he was the guy. Only school in country to put an assistant on such a pedestal.

We had a couple of Syracuse media/pxp guys come on Seattle radio saying that Coach Hop wanted to build his own program, that he felt that he would maybe just have been a caretaker for JB 's team.

I don't buy it. So is the next coach at duke going to be a caretaker for coach k? If he felt like this then the university shouldn't have inked him for their future. He held the university hostage until the best opportunity presented itself and now he's gone. That would have been great if he wasn't suppose to be the coach in a years time. This was a huge summer for him and the programs future. Now he's in Washington. At the end of the day it's not about taking over for Boeheim, it's about taking over for Syracuse.

I don't buy it. So is the next coach at duke going to be a caretaker for coach k? If he felt like this then the university shouldn't have inked him for their future. He held the university hostage until the best opportunity presented itself and now he's gone. That would have been great if he wasn't suppose to be the coach in a years time. This was a huge summer for him and the programs future. Now he's in Washington. At the end of the day it's not about taking over for Boeheim, it's about taking over for Syracuse.

It's not like schools of Washington's calibre are just knocking on assistant coaches doors all the time. UW probably could've easily picked a name out of our post JB coaching candidates thread and paid up. Hopkins got the type of opportunity that he couldn't pass up at this stage in his life. They have money, history, surrounding talent and culture at UW. They gave him the opportunity to create his own great legacy, which is more appealing than preserving JB's legacy. I find it very understandable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom