Hopkins and Recruiting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins and Recruiting

Oh it be closed lol the headaches staff had to deal with was insane with this kid. You guys have no idea

U ever here the saying you hold the plane for certain players. This was a generational albeit high matience player.

Anyone know the real story why Dior backed out of his commitment? Never saw any explanation why he changed his mind. Must be a good story.

We blew it. Boeheim 20 years ago has the patience and tolerance for a high matience recruit.

Anyone know the real story why Dior backed out of his commitment? Never saw any explanation why he changed his mind. Must be a good story.
The kid wasn't going to high school. He wasn't going to qualify for the NCAA. He was hurting us on the recruiting with other pt guards who will actually go to college. . Plus, at the end, he wasn't even answering our calls. We should have pulled the plug earlier. It was us that said thanks, but no thanks.

We blew it. Boeheim 20 years ago has the patience and tolerance for a high matience recruit.
You just don't have any understanding of how mistaken you are. It's sad, really. Dior wasn't going to high school. He wasn't going to qualify for college. He was wasting our time and efforts. Plus, other pt guards wouldn't look at us with him still saying he was going to Syracuse.

dasher is right. When he “committed” it was like What is going on here. The coaches were put in a terrible spot and then the craziness occurred that made it easy to “walk away”. You don’t understand how good this is that he is not Coming. He might have killed JB if he was around for any longer due to stress

He must have corrected his educational deficiencies for Hopkins to offer or just a shot at J B for the no thanks.

The kid wasn't going to high school. He wasn't going to qualify for the NCAA. He was hurting us on the recruiting with other pt guards who will actually go to college. . Plus, at the end, he wasn't even answering our calls. We should have pulled the plug earlier. It was us that said thanks, but no thanks.
Academic risk, been to like 6 high schools. Left his last school without telling anybody on Cuse staff. Likely a nonqualifier. Hopkins has to take the chance and the risk, his job is on the line, he's won 9 games in 2 years.

On a side, I am questioning Hop’s ability to coach. He is a good to great recruiter but does not seem like he can put a coachable team together. His first 2 years were good but his last two have been bad.

this year will be a pivotable year for him. He has not shown enough as a coach to. Be considered as Boeheim’s replacement.

On a side, I am questioning Hop’s ability to coach. He is a good to great recruiter but does not seem like he can put a coachable team together. His first 2 years were good but his last two have been bad.

this year will be a pivotable year for him. He has not shown enough as a coach to. Be considered as Boeheim’s replacement.
I guess Hop forgot how to coach after two years on the job.

He is a Prima Donna, he should have spent more time with the books apparently!
He is looking for a payday, the visits are smoke & mirrors!
I wish the young man well, but this is ridiculous, he’s been in more schools than most fish !

Again, he is free to do whatever pleases him, and his handlers, but from what I’ve read he is not a serious student.
I hope, (very sincerely) that he has applied himself to the books and does great things with his life both on and off a Basketball Court !
College can only help his maturation!
But if he goes to a WU game, he’ll be in the stands as a paying fan.

Last edited:
JB made a great call on walking from this kid. Hes a hot mess. 17 year old head case. Post more junk about himself than a politician.
Jim doesn't need the kid the kid needs someone like JB. Great talent for sure but his act is already stale.

After doing that to you, he probably never felt the need...
I had a somewhat similar.situation, but worse. Broke most of my knuckles on his head. Really hurt to play basketball for about a year. For a long time it was excruciating to shake hands.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom