Hopkins Game Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins Game Thread...

I was shocked we didn't lose in regulation when Hopkins won the FO. Hill isn't championship quality. Rough day for Ben.

Looking at 5-3 in a few weeks. Think we can match up decently with ND but next Sat could get ugly.

I was shocked we didn't lose in regulation when Hopkins won the FO. Hill isn't championship quality. Rough day for Ben.

Hill has to play better, outside of that second to last shot I cant remember another save in the second half.

wallacecuse said:

Yeah, he's been a disappointment. He's going to need to play better than that for SU to go far.

I haven't been impressed.

Hill has to play better, outside of that second to last shot I cant remember another save in the second half.
Hill isn't good. Saw enough last year when he subbed Wardwell - an unpleasant downgrade.

Unforced turnovers did SU in but theres multiple issues Desko needs to work on. Hill has been a big disappointment, im not seeing the high end saves he made previously at OCC and in the world games. Lack of offense outside of the starting 6 is abysmal. A big shake up is needed there. Have to give Paduda some looks during the game, Williams was clearly shot late. Still can't get over the Ciferri turnover he wasn't even under duress. Choke job big time.

wallacecuse said:
Hill isn't good. Saw enough last year when he subbed Wardwell - an unpleasant downgrade.

I don't think he had anything to do with OCC's success.

wallacecuse said:
I wouldn't expect an improvement.

I'm not.

He doesn't see any shot taken more than 10 yards from the goal.

Sucks because we were in complete control. Ben was rattled...needed a break.

Thats the biggest issue, despite everything we were up 2 with the ball before Cifferi's ridiculous pass. We were screwed as soon as the game got tied. Ben was shot and Desko wont go to Paduda for some unknown reason. I thought the D outside of Hill and Ciferri looked great for large parts of the game, a really wasted effort against a less then great Hopkins team to be honest.

Unforced turnovers did SU in but theres multiple issues Desko needs to work on. Hill has been a big disappointment, im not seeing the high end saves he made previously at OCC and in the world games. Lack of offense outside of the starting 6 is abysmal. A big shake up is needed there. Have to give Paduda some looks during the game, Williams was clearly shot late. Still can't get over the Ciferri turnover he wasn't even under duress. Choke job big time.
My other takeaway is Lane has the slowest release ever...takes like 5 seconds to shoot.

My other takeaway is Lane has the slowest release ever...takes like 5 seconds to shoot.

I like Lane but hes been way overrated by this board and the staff, hes slow and unless hes wide open with room and time hes zero threat. Thought Mariano and Salcido played great, Dejoe struggled but the bigger issue is there's no depth to help them out. The 2nd and 3rd lines are freeking useless. Time to go to Voight and Romano enough is enough.

JeremyCuse said:
Thats the biggest issue, despite everything we were up 2 with the ball before Cifferi's ridiculous pass. We were screwed as soon as the game got tied. Ben was shot and Desko wont go to Paduda for some unknown reason. I thought the D outside of Hill and Ciferri looked great for large parts of the game, a really wasted effort against a less then great Hopkins team to be honest.

Yeah, that's the sad part. This isn't a very good Hopkins team.

We were the better team but we couldn't close out.

My biggest concern is that we have some issues -- goaltending, closing out games, lack of depth -- that will be problems all year.

Did anyone have confidence we would win once Hopkins won the draw in OT? We were very fortunate to survive the last 24 seconds of regulation.

Yeah, that's the sad part. This isn't a very good Hopkins team.

We were the better team but we couldn't close out.

My biggest concern is that we have some issues -- goaltending, closing out games, lack of depth -- that will be problems all year.

Need to get Prioli back and shift Barber back to middie which will bump Dejoe to the 2nd line which will help with depth.
Need to start giving the back up goalie some PT in practice and see what he can do, unlikely you drop him in for a start at Duke but he needs to be ready to get some PT.

D'agostino should stay at SSDM him Grimm, and the other SR are a nice combo.
Voight and Thorpe need to start playing middie and getting some run, Westin-Simmons- and the redshirt 3 are useless at this point.

lastly this isn't a shot at the staff but either play Piroli or say hes out, enough with the shadow games already.

We could also benefit from getting Piroli back.

Still lacking cohesiveness on offense. Too much one on one play.

Donahue wasn't much of a factor today because I don't think we have anyone right now who works well with him

Did anyone have confidence we would win once Hopkins won the draw in OT? We were very fortunate to survive the last 24 seconds of regulation.

Once they tied it I figured we were done unless we won the ensuing draw and even then I didnt have a ton of confidence

JeremyCuse said:
Need to get Prioli back and shift Barber back to middie which will bump Dejoe to the 2nd line which will help with depth. Need to start giving the back up goalie some PT in practice and see what he can do, unlikely you drop him in for a start at Duke but he needs to be ready to get some PT. D'agostino should stay at SSDM him Grimm, and the other SR are a nice combo. Voight and Thorpe need to start playing middie and getting some run, Westin-Simmons- and the redshirt 3 are useless at this point. lastly this isn't a shot at the staff but either play Piroli or say hes out, enough with the shadow games already.

Probably didn't want to play Piroli today with bad conditions.

But if he's indeed wearing a brace, have to wonder if he's going to be effective again this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom