Hopkins Game Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins Game Thread...

Quint has written that SU is a second-tier program because we rely too heavily on transfers.

Tying goal by a transfer.

Face off win in OT by a transfer.

Winning goal by a transfer.

Guess we just transferred a loss into a win.

Last edited:
The offense played very well at crunch time. Mariano's goal and both shots in OT were quality.

How 'bout the freshmen?!! Down 1 in the final minute, RF Helmer is 1-on-1 with Tinney, one of the nation's best players, in the open field & checks the ball out leading to the crease violation & TO. We put the ball in Trimboli's stick out of the timeout & he assists Mariano to tie it. Dearth scored a goal & I was really impressed w RF Hutchings at SSDM...physical & quick-footed, he'll see more run.

Never in doubt. ;)

Tough, gut-it-out win. Things to fix, obv. But it's better than walking out of Homewood with an L.

Re-up Desktop! :p
Your getting out of hand with all those Emojis! Don't make me have to delete your posts....:rolling:photobucket burning couch

How good is Hopkins? They put up some good numbers in their early games. Since Princeton, not so much.

Maybe I should ask it this way --how can we have so many turnovers and so few ground balls and still win against a quality opponent?

What am I missing that we are doing right?

always feels good to beat that snobby bastadge thurston howell stanwick III and his elite blue blood brood.

Last edited:
How good is Hopkins? They put up some good numbers in their early games. Since Princeton, not so much.

Maybe I should ask it this way --how can we have so many turnovers and so few ground balls and still win against a quality opponent?

Our D played really, really well. Held Stanwick to a single assist & Tinney's only point was a fluke goal when a shot that wasn't even on net deflected off his helmet & in. Hopkins got 2 man-up goals & 2 by their LSM Kuhn in unsettled situations. We held them to 3 legit even-strength goals. Molloy was great, robbed them of at least 3 point blank goals & threw great outlet passes to spark transition.

How 'bout the freshmen?!! Down 1 in the final minute, RF Helmer is 1-on-1 with Tinney, one of the nation's best players, in the open field & checks the ball out leading to the crease violation & TO. We put the ball in Trimboli's stick out of the timeout & he assists Mariano to tie it. Dearth scored a goal & I was really impressed w RF Hutchings at SSDM...physical & quick-footed, he'll see more run.

The defense is for the most part youngand very talented. If SU can replace Molloy next seasonthis D is set up to very good the next 2-3 years

I thought Hopkins was gonna be good this year but since that UNC game they have been pretty bad. Lack of depth on D amd there offense has for some reason been a shell of what it was the firsr few games which is baffling. There main faceoff guy has been hurt but came back for us of course today. Hopkins is in big trouble this year, there schedule is brutal

The defense is for the most part youngand very talented. If SU can replace Molloy next seasonthis D is set up to very good the next 2-3 years
3 more years of Mellen as well, arguably our best overall player. Don't think DePietro got in today but Cunningham had, IMO, his best game in Orange...active stick & great communication/switches on picks. The future is certainly bright.

i'll have to watch the replay tomorrow (10 am) but it sounded like molloy was a stonefence today.

Molloy played very well, onlyone bad mistake but made some quality saves. A few risky outlet passes but it paid off

i have to be careful when posting live cuz the radio feed is about 35 seconds ahead of the espn3 showing.
don't want to be a spoiler for anybody. but i'll catch the video tomorrow.

Our D played really, really well. Held Stanwick to a single assist & Tinney's only point was a fluke goal when a shot that wasn't even on net deflected off his helmet & in. Hopkins got 2 man-up goals & 2 by their LSM Kuhn in unsettled situations. We held them to 3 legit even-strength goals. Molloy was great, robbed them of at least 3 point blank goals & threw great outlet passes to spark transition.

Molly was outstanding and so was the defense. Best game the defense has played all year.

Last edited:
And the women make it 3-out-of-4 day.
IMG_5291.GIF

Thought there would be equations on the wall.

Big up to Trimboli breaking into the first line and producing! This game reminded me a lot of the Steven Brooks goal in OT to win it! I seem to remember freshman Jovan Miller broke into the starting lineup in that game also!

I'm glad they bailed out Solomon. His shot at the end of regulation was garbage. Sure seemed like it was a kid who decided it was his turn to take a shot. Thought that was going to cost them the game.

I'm glad they bailed out Solomon. His shot at the end of regulation was garbage. Sure seemed like it was a kid who decided it was his turn to take a shot. Thought that was going to cost them the game.
He took a few ill-advised low angle shots. Even the one that he snuck past the goalie when it looked like it hit the side of the net was a poor shot. Needs to play within the offense. Did have at least one nice pass that should've been an assist but was dropped by Simmons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom