Hopper | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hopper

This may sound outrageous but I would prefer jb retired early rather than lose hop based on what players/recruits have said about the two. When you watch duke games k is constantly asking his assistants for feedback on coaching adjustments, jb never says a word to hop during games, I'd want to get out too. For as much as jb has accomplished IMO his thin skin is holding him back from becoming one of the all time greats like k or Calhoun.
Umm, JB is already one of the all time greats like K or Calhoun.

i think they'd both quickly find that BC and a coach with 0 wins is a tougher sell than SYRACUSE .
I think playing in meaningful games with 30k + crowds doesn't hurt either. Let's face it 'Cuse kind of starts recruiting two steps ahead.

I'm wondering if any of you on this board have considered that this is a no - lose proposition for Hopkins. If he interview's and gets the job, good for him he gets to run his own program, something any coach worth his salt desires to do. By simply putting his name in the hat he gets leverage to squeeze more money out of the administrators. If I was him I'd do the exact same thing. We all know he's a hot commodity, it's called leverage. He's not starving as an assistant but let's face it, head coaching $ is where its at and these guys all have egos. I wouldn't want to be a sidekick forever either. Good luck to Hop he deserves his shot somewhere.

Statesman, well put. Would hate to lose Hopkins but he should pursue this. Boeheim does not appear to be showing any signs of retiring in the near future. Some have suggested that SU has to release him to talk with other universities. Not sure about that one, but if he had some kind of clause like that he should get a new agent. It's not like he has signed some sort of long term mega buck contract with the school.

Hopkins isn't going to uproot his family, move to Boston and then return to SU. He's gone for good if he goes.

Yeah, I don't understand why some people think he'd be coming back. It'll be very disconcerting if he leaves.