Horrible Location for the title game... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Horrible Location for the title game...

Hopefully, the powers that be of the NCAA, whomever they are take notice of the empty seats in these bowls. yes, the rose will always draw bc of the beautiful environment, but bowls like the popular outback which draws great fan bases being 50% capacity is a huge example.
The NCAA has nothing to to with bowl games other than to make sure the players meet eligibility and no one is exceeding the allowed amount of practice time and number of games.

While empty seats look bad on TV and everyone wants their stadium filled, no one connected with a bowl really cares because a lot of hotel rooms that otherwise would have been empty will now have occupants and restaurant seats that otherwise would have been empty will now have diners in them. Why else would anyone from Philly or Durham, NC want to go to Shreveport in Dec?

Im looking forward to the National Championship in Indianapolis, I think it will be well attended at a great venue!

It doesn't help that it is a monday after the holidays. People would have to take two days off of work in addition to travel expenses.

If it was two "new" teams playing - I expect attendance would be higher.

Both Clemson and Alabama fans must be effectively broke by now - having traveled each year to all these playoff games. That and their fan bases (generally) aren't that much in love with going to NorCal (the epi-center of all that's not 'Murica to them).

And yes - Santa Clara is a very odd choice. I went to law school there. It's a dead area - fine if you work in the area. Never a place one would choose to visit for a vacation.

Yeah, just don’t get it. Distance from San Fran makes no sense.

They can’t draw for the PAC-12 championship game, ever.

How did they get a natty championship?

And who is still wearing Levi’s?

I'll admit...I still wear them.

I still love how they look on women...specifically, the ones that wear them so well. :)

bb231e33d1ba6871b4f0067355aecf8c.png

Of course, can't argue with the Orange glasses, but many of us are college fans first and looking at the game's health, there are huge problems.

Putting aside the debate of the champ game venue, there are not "huge problems" with college football. There are certainly specific problems. But the overall health of the sport is remarkably strong.

If it was two "new" teams playing - I expect attendance would be higher.

Both Clemson and Alabama fans must be effectively broke by now - having traveled each year to all these playoff games. That and their fan bases (generally) aren't that much in love with going to NorCal (the epi-center of all that's not 'Murica to them).

And yes - Santa Clara is a very odd choice. I went to law school there. It's a dead area - fine if you work in the area. Never a place one would choose to visit for a vacation.

I live in Alabama, and for the most part Bama fans are hard to deal with, but even they are a little bored with their success. There is hardly any football talk at work like it used to be, and die hard fans skip watching the games because they know they are gonna win. I love it, because I could care less about SEC football.

I live in Alabama, and for the most part Bama fans are hard to deal with, but even they are a little bored with their success. There is hardly any football talk at work like it used to be, and die hard fans skip watching the games because they know they are gonna win. I love it, because I could care less about SEC football.

That shocks me. With all the stuff I hear about fans down south, especially Alabama fans, that it's football/faith/family - I would just assume they are 100% invested in every game, be it the cupcake FCS opponent or the national title game. I wonder what "being bored of winning" feels like. I can't imagine it's too bad!

Putting aside the debate of the champ game venue, there are not "huge problems" with college football. There are certainly specific problems. But the overall health of the sport is remarkably strong.

Agreed. College football is better right now than it's ever been, in my opinion.

Agreed. College football is better right now than it's ever been, in my opinion.
I don't think I agree with that. I think the facilities arms race/growth of booster investment at a small number of schools has widened the gap between the haves and have nots. Having said that, I don't think it's in a horrible place.

Is this one of those pictures to trick people where they zoom out and you find out it's actually like Jared Kushner?

Ha..I don't think so. :) Do those fingers look like a man's to you? Also, look closely at the reflection from the chrome bumper and you can see she's wearing what looks to be like a 'pump' type shoe. :)

There are plenty of areas with a huge interest in college football but this is definitely not one of them.

I wonder how many "points" the loan sharks are asking for in Bama and South Carolina? Seriously, how do these people afford this year after year?

Remember that this game will be starting at 530 local time in one of the worst traffic locations on the planet. If you live in Oakland or San Francisco or basically any part of the Bay other than SJ area it’s gonna be a bitch to get there after work.

Dang east coast bias they should start it at 830 local time...what does the E in ESPN stand for again!?!?

There are plenty of areas with a huge interest in college football but this is definitely not one of them.

It’s a good sports market in general. They have 6 pro teams (for the next few weeks at least.). People like sports and follow the PAC.

Cal and Stanford being completely inaccessible for 99.9% of the local population in 2019 doesn’t help build interest. But it’s not as bad as Boston and BC or Umass for example there are casual fans of those schools.

I’ve been to pretty much every PAC 12 college town and attended hoop or football at most the West Coast supports college sports pretty well. League is bad in both sports currently though despite plenty of talent. Not sure when they will be able to win a game like the UW Auburn opener again.

Id LOVE to start scheduling PAC 12 schools in both sports. Would most certainly attend the road games. The south sucks and so does the rust belt ACC towns don’t appeal to me I don’t want to travel to Florida the Carolinas or Atl area if I can help it when I go somewhere warm in the winter to get some golf I go west Palm Springs or Arizona is what I go for (Puerto Rico too.)

If we were playing and I had some money to spend I’d be thrilled to get a weekend in San Francisco out of it I love that city.

Yeah, just don’t get it. Distance from San Fran makes no sense.

They can’t draw for the PAC-12 championship game, ever.

How did they get a natty championship?

And who is still wearing Levi’s?

1546763479557.gif

We have been very upset with the fact the Pac 12 title game was moved there annually because the league offices are there. The location sucks and it is an expensive place to fly in and out of plus expensive lodging. We are hoping once the new Vegas stadium gets built it will move there, or go back to the campus of the highest rated team like before. Other than the SEC I do not see many conference games putting up the big attendance numbers, and I am sure that has to do with ATL being a very accessible location for the SEC footprint.

Also, Levi's 569s are good, they leave enough room to move.

It was funny seeing Steve Levy "reporting live" from the National Title game, in downtown San Jose, 9 miles from the stadium. He was trying his best to exude enthusiasm when there were like a half dozen fans standing behind him.