Horse Racing 2024 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing 2024

That's an understatement. Last 19 races, the winning payout was under $15 only nine times, but paid over $100 four times. Not sure any other race has seen so many big longshots win.

There is just so much traffic out there and tough to stop, start etc. That said, I wouldn't let Fierceness get too comfortable on the lead. Should be interesting in that the two best horses have completely opposite running styles. Chad Brown could send Domestic Product with Fierceness to set the race up for Sierra Leone.

An insider told me that Sierra Leone is the next Flightline. This was the other day before the draw was completed and wasn't concerned at all whether he was starting inside or outside.
Um that is blasphemy. We will never see another Flightline, who represents everything that is wrong with the sport with the early retirement. That horse could have jump started the whole biz, but...well don't get me started.

I agree with you that Sierra Leone is going to be tough. Gotta make money on the exotics as i don't think it will be close.

Interesting at 3-1 in the Derby not a great price but Sierra Leone is a dead closer which in a race of 20 horses can be a real challenge. Huge talent though. Fierceness will be on the lead for sure.

Right now I like Honor Marie and Forever Young and I thought Catching Freedom was interesting.

Two best horses are easiliy Fierceness and Sierra Leone but Derby is a different race
I am looking at Catching Freedom, also. Another closer and Cox enters two others who could ensure a quick pace.

How many other races have 20 horses running?
To quote IB, "it's a different race". So many factors come into play, but to have four 50 to 1 shots win in the last 19 races says everything to know. It's like March Madness. You know there will be upsets, but you just don't know which ones.

I am looking at Catching Freedom, also. Another closer and Cox enters two others who could ensure a quick pace.
Another thing to like about Catching Freedom, especially for verticals, a stat I saw the other day.

Prat in the Derby - 6 entries, 1 win (DQ), 4 thirds...only 1 out of the money.

The Derby TRI is literally my favorite bet of the year. The size of the pool is so inflated.
agreed one of the few Tri and superfecta bets I place all year. The money bet in is just crazy

Question for my Syracuse folks. With the OTB in Phoenix NY now closed. Is the OTB in Bridgeport still open or did that close as well?

Funny that when i won big at OTB years ago I had to go to that Phoenix one because none of the others could handle that kind of cash and it took 2 weeks to get it.. I couldnt go to the one 15 min from my house where I actually made the bet