Horse Racing 2024 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing 2024

Seize the Grey is a MyRacehorse horse so everyone could have been an owner for around $100. I owned a very small piece of a couple of their horses. It was fun while it lasted.
I’m aware of that. I just love when Tirico inserts a Syracuse reference into a telecast where there’s no apparent reason for one. I missed the name of the person and what they are dean of.

I’m aware of that. I just love when Tirico inserts a Syracuse reference into a telecast where there’s no apparent reason for one. I missed the name of the person and what they are dean of.
Think he said New House.

Lukas is amazing, especially at 88 years of age. This article captures it nicely.

Nice little training tree, too. Todd Pletcher, Kiaran McLaughlin, George Weaver, Dallas Stewart off the top of my head. Also was probably the first of the "super trainers" with large strings competing at multiple major circuits.

Seize the Grey is a MyRacehorse horse so everyone could have been an owner for around $100. I owned a very small piece of a couple of their horses. It was fun while it lasted.
Same. I actually got in very early as they were advertising a bunch in person at Santa Anita and we got in when the numbers were super small like 100, so we got to go back to the barn, feed/pet the horse, got to be in the paddock on race day...it was super cool. My best horse was a Cal Bred who won a race and I made a grand total of -100 bucks when all was said it done. But still worth the experience. Once they got Audible, seemed like it went from small time to a money making scheme, which I can't blame them.

Wonder what the owners are going to make on STG and wonder if they get a stake in the breeding as well.

anyone at the SPA for the Belmont show.. Yesterday looked pretty nice.

I'm up here today. Very pedestrian. Belmont people misjudged how crowded it would be.

Attachments

• 20240607_154112.jpg
    20240607_154112.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
I think they forget. school is still in session and vacationers are not around.. Sat sold out but the first 2 days is mostly locals who can skip work

Went yesterday and was shocked how empty it was. Every day of the regular meet will outdtraw yesterday's attendance.

Speed in dirt sprints today.
Yeah BabyYoda going off like that was ridiculous. Sierra Leone going to have his work cut out for him. Don’t think I’ve seen a closer even come close in the meet

Never seen the track so crowded, even when the Travers has had 50,000. Bathroom lines very lengthy but relatively quick. Betting lines longer than days before betting apps even with an influx of a ton more windows. More people everywhere. Lots of vendors, including ones who strolled through the crowd. Security guards were hit and miss on checking coolers. Food and drink prices werent cheap but people were spending. Overall I'd give NYRA a solid A for for pulling this off. Not sure if they replicate for next year or go for more money grub.

Fortunately the weather was decent all day, although not real hot and a little chilly when the sun tucked behind the crowds. Lots of people still dressed like it was 85 degrees. A great people watching day.

For sure the dodged the dicey weather for the event all week.

Agree with the never seen it so crowded comment. Was a great day.

nice they had a great crowd. Probably more people that were newbies than ever as well. Maybe some come back. I went to a few Travers days where it was 2hrs to get in but even the the grandstands were never that full as this weekend.

nice they had a great crowd. Probably more people that were newbies than ever as well. Maybe some come back. I went to a few Travers days where it was 2hrs to get in but even the the grandstands were never that full as this weekend.
We got there around 10:10 and from our trackside parking to entry to finding a great spot to put our chairs down to maximize the TV's, the betting windows and the bathrooms, we had our chairs in place by 10:30.

Never seen the track so crowded, even when the Travers has had 50,000. Bathroom lines very lengthy but relatively quick. Betting lines longer than days before betting apps even with an influx of a ton more windows. More people everywhere. Lots of vendors, including ones who strolled through the crowd. Security guards were hit and miss on checking coolers. Food and drink prices werent cheap but people were spending. Overall I'd give NYRA a solid A for for pulling this off. Not sure if they replicate for next year or go for more money grub.

Fortunately the weather was decent all day, although not real hot and a little chilly when the sun tucked behind the crowds. Lots of people still dressed like it was 85 degrees. A great people watching day.
I had two folks I know work the event and said Sunday was the craziest they have ever seen the place. Men's bathroom lines were 45 minutes for most of the day (which for any of you who have been to Toga says a lot about the crowd).

Both were curious as to what the plan will be next year as both said Thursday and especially Sunday were not busy at all. I was there Thursday and agree. They both plan to work the event next year.

I suspect the crowd will not be as hyped next yr unless you have something to run for.

I had two folks I know work the event and said Sunday was the craziest they have ever seen the place. Men's bathroom lines were 45 minutes for most of the day (which for any of you who have been to Toga says a lot about the crowd).

Both were curious as to what the plan will be next year as both said Thursday and especially Sunday were not busy at all. I was there Thursday and agree. They both plan to work the event next year.
They weren't 45 minutes long. Trust me, I went like four times. I would say maybe 20 minutes at the most but I would always scope out the shortest of the lines and I didn't miss any races. But like I said, they were very lengthy.

I suspect the crowd will not be as hyped next yr unless you have something to run for.
Hard to say, I think most people had a great time, so they would want to return.

One thing I didn't mention was that it wasn't an easy betting day compared to a typical Saratoga day. Much longer races and fuller fields made it much harder to handicap. There were some nice payouts if you were lucky but I don't think too many people bet Dornoch. Why would you. But it does potentially set up a nice Travers.

Issues that go with such a large crowd on Saturday aside, NYRA had no real choice but to have the Belmont at Saratoga in 24 and 25. I am sure they will learn from the issues from this year and hopefully improve in those areas next time. Overall, I think it was a huge success and a great four day stretch for racing. Well done. Saturday's card and racing overall was fantastic

and they are also saying its almost a done deal for 26 to be in Saratoga as well.

and they are also saying its almost a done deal for 26 to be in Saratoga as well.
I think that unless the timetable for construction changes, the plan is to run it at Belmont in 2026 and unveil the new facilty.

I think that unless the timetable for construction changes, the plan is to run it at Belmont in 2026 and unveil the new facility.
I thought so to. But the TV broadcast said running at Saratoga in 25/2026 and several other reports have said so as well.

I thought so to. But the TV broadcast said running at Saratoga in 25/2026 and several other reports have said so as well.
I wouldn't go by anything coming out of that crapshow Fox TV coverage.