Hotels for Uconn | Syracusefan.com

Hotels for Uconn

jcuse44

2nd String
Like many have said, there is an insane amount of hotels without power still. Just got an email about my hotel in Windsor having no power and have been trying to get them to get me another one in a different area. The hotel is " hoping power comes back today". NOT LIKELY

Like many have said, there is an insane amount of hotels without power still. Just got an email about my hotel in Windsor having no power and have been trying to get them to get me another one in a different area. The hotel is " hoping power comes back today". NOT LIKELY

Anything north of Hartford is still in pretty rough shape - very little power has been restored there. The city of Hartford has been mostly restored. Your best bet is to try to find something either in Hartford or south of Hartford (if you can). Try Rocky Hill or Cromwell as they seem to be in better shape than most other towns right now.

Thanks for the heads up! Either of those areas have a worthwhile nightlife?

Thanks for the heads up! Either of those areas have a worthwhile nightlife?

Not really. There is a decent sports bar in Cromwell call Rookies, but that's all that comes to mind.

I work in Hartford and most of the towns around Hartford are still without power and the hotels in the area are already full with people waiting for their power to be restored. Some areas are saying Sunday evening until they get power. I doubt you will find any hotels with vacancy anywhere close sad to say.

I work in Hartford and most of the towns around Hartford are still without power and the hotels in the area are already full with people waiting for their power to be restored. Some areas are saying Sunday evening until they get power. I doubt you will find any hotels with vacancy anywhere close sad to say.

I just called my hotel a few times and nobody was answering...oh oh. So I called the national number and they said they weren't on the list of closed hotels and tried to call also to no avail. So I called the hotel next door who said both had power. They are the Comfort Inn and Ramada on Roberts St.

just checked my reservation with the holiday inn express on brainard, he says all systems are go

Wow, what a coincident just found out I have to get spend next week in Wallingford (about 23 miles south of UConn) for work, so, I just booked the room and was told very limited availability. Yikes, glad I read this thread!