Houston hires Dana Holgorsen | Syracusefan.com

Houston hires Dana Holgorsen

Paid more or not this is a step down with a step up in completely unrealistic expectations for a non P5 school. He’s not going to the playoff there so when they’re disappointed then what? coordinator at a P5 school ?

I do not see the upside of this job

This is a dumb move ... I hope he makes it.

Also, it would be a hilarious shot to WVU. They’ll have to scramble for a 3rd tier coach (all of the good ones are gone), and they’ll look amateur hour losing a coach to a g5 school.

They'll likely end up having to promote a Coordinator to the HC position, since there's really nobody left out there anyplace else.

That'd be like kissing your sister.

So - I 100% expect it to happen at WVU. ;)

And yet most WVU fans are hoping it happens. It’s interesting to me. WVU fans just about always blame coaches for losses, not players. Iowa State (unprepared) and Oklahoma State (unprepared and horrible defensive game calls) and even Oklahoma (Defensive Coordinator) losses were blamed on coaches.

I’ve asked— who would WVU get that’s going to do better? They don’t care. Coaching there is kind of a thankless task.

They should hire Doc Holliday. I know he’s older but he’s a West Cirginia guy through and through, runs a great offense, and has done a hell of a job at Marshall.

Maybe if the couch burners keep Holgo, he can get them to throw in a "keeps" subscription to fix his comb-over??

Dana has ties to Houston and still owns a home there. He’s also close with Houston’s biggest football booster who is willing to put $20m into the program for coaches salaries. Houston also has a somewhat unrealistic desire (for now at least) of getting a seat at the adult table as a P5 school.

Just saw this on their R!vals board... too funny not to repost here - Edsall !:

hillbillyrivals.png

They should hire Doc Holliday. I know he’s older but he’s a West Cirginia guy through and through, runs a great offense, and has done a hell of a job at Marshall.
Also, great name. Can't underestimate that.

If WVU was smart, they’d make amends with Rich Rod. He just took an OC position someplace.
Was just gonna post the same. I imagine he would return if they’d let him.

This is a dumb move ... I hope he makes it.

Also, it would be a hilarious shot to WVU. They’ll have to scramble for a 3rd tier coach (all of the good ones are gone), and they’ll look amateur hour losing a coach to a g5 school.

Mark Right says what about me?

I'd love to see RichRod 2.0. Likely would be as successful and Johnny Majors 2.0 and Randy 2.0.

Mack Brown 2.0 tried to get GERG back into the fold, but baby blue nation wouldn't have it...

Maybe RichRod would get him back on board??

Something tells me RichRod is not that stupid...

Mack Brown 2.0 tried to get GERG back into the fold, but baby blue nation wouldn't have it...

Maybe RichRod would get him back on board??

Something tells me RichRod is not that stupid...

Grob would be a defensive coach, where he’s had a lot of success, not a HC where he didn’t.

Grob would be a defensive coach, where he’s had a lot of success, not a HC where he didn’t.

What lot of success?

He got fired his last two jobs in the NFL. He had the worst defense in D1 over his four years here His defense at Michigan was awful

And yet most WVU fans are hoping it happens. It’s interesting to me. WVU fans just about always blame coaches for losses, not players. Iowa State (unprepared) and Oklahoma State (unprepared and horrible defensive game calls) and even Oklahoma (Defensive Coordinator) losses were blamed on coaches.

I’ve asked— who would WVU get that’s going to do better? They don’t care. Coaching there is kind of a thankless task.
Well, a propensity to blame coaches means they won’t have any luck raiding UConn.

Randy is more into blaming players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom