How about a thread for those who think that Shafer was a good hire | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How about a thread for those who think that Shafer was a good hire

Shafer was absolutely the right hire. What external candidates out there are a better candidate than a guy who helped bring this program back from the ashes? He's passionate, he's experienced, the players love playing for him. The man earned the head coaching job in the trenches with the other two right beside him. The other two chose to follow the natural path of NFL guys.

Hackett has done a fantastic job running the offense. I would have preferred that he stayed. But he chose to leave and I understand the decision. But what better time to bring in a new OC? It's not like any of our quarterbacks have the reps from this year to run the offense anyway. If it only took two weeks to put in the offense we ran this year, then why can't we put in a new offense over an entire spring?

This football program will be fine. I'm looking forward to some ACC excitement next year.

I'm also sold on a D coach over an O, generically. It seems like O coaches like Holgerson think O is everything, to the detriment of the D.

I'm also sold on a D coach over an O, generically. It seems like O coaches like Holgerson think O is everything, to the detriment of the D.

I think it depends on the coach...look at bellycheck he's a D guy but that offense is a doozy.

SS is the right hire; especially when you consider the timing. It adds continuaty to the program and shores up our D which has proven to be adapt at stopping opposing teams when the schemes are being exicuted properly.
Now we see how he will do when he brings in an OC and QB coach to replace NH. These hires will tell us alot about him in the other aspects of the HC position and how his picks work out next season..

I hope Shafer is successful . Lost a lot of respect for DM.

I'm saving this thread just to see how long the love lasts. I'll re-post it next November.

All in. Been a fan since day one.
Go just think you and me buddy arm in arm heading across the quad on our way with smiles all around to cheer for our beloved Syracuse. Give me your seat numbers and i will see if my family can move ours so we can sit together. Harmony baby it truly is a New Year!!!

I hope Shafer is successful . Lost a lot of respect for DM.

I'm saving this thread just to see how long the love lasts. I'll re-post it next November.

Not sure you will need to hold it that long, Penn St. is Aug 31. A link to it during the game thread might be appropriate. :)

I'm sure someone already registered "CoachSmustgo.com". Hopefully people keep in mind that we are losing some key players this year.

said from start he was a good get- liked his hard nosed attitude-

did you know chuck norris asks hcss before he does anything- thats how bad ass he is

Lots of teams have good offenses. Not many teams have toughness. Hopefully they get a modern college coach on o. Shouldn't. Be too hard

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I was and am high on The Shafer. I like his passion.

I think he is going to make us forget all about DM in a few years. He is more suited to college football.

I was and am high on The Shafer. I like his passion.

I think he is going to make us forget all about DM in a few years. He is more suited to college football.

I think this was the right move and I'm really looking forward to the Spring Practice!

Speaking of the spring practice, I wonder if Shafer will handle it differently?

and will surround himself with some quality people. Maybe we don't get to six wins next year, but it was a rebuilding year anyways. Time to put faith in Shafer and move on.

In Scott we trust.