How about this speech? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How about this speech?

I still want to know more about what transpired after JoePa "reported it."

Surely no one would be so nonchalant about something so serious unless they felt threatened (ie: Do I go down with the ship if I blow this in? Am I going to be labeled a supporter of a pedophile just because of my lasting relationship with Sandusky anyways? etc.)

I don't mean to minimalize what Sandusky has done - it 100% should have been reported to police as soon as possible - but we've all been in this situation before. Do you follow your conscious and lose a friend/job/etc - or do you ignore your conscious and hope those transgressions go unnoticed? I just want to know why JoePa didn't do more...what was holding him back?

No comments on him leading a we are...Penn state chant at the end? I was hoping his rambler would fall on him at that point.

Scooch is right though, at this point his mind can hardly process this. All the more reason the BOT needs to end this now. They spent all night meeting to prepare a statement. Need to meet again this morning and make the decisions that have to seem obvious to them at this point.

I just want to know why JoePa didn't do more...what was holding him back?

That is the big question. There has to be still more to the story. Too many gaps in the Grand Jury transcript.

One thing that no one seems to be bringing up is the fact that there WAS a criminal investigation in 1998 so by the time of the 2002 event, there is already, at the very least, an indication that Sandusky has a serious sickness. Paterno and everyone above him had to have known about Gricar's investigation, right? Given the history, how could you possibly ignore what happened in 2002????

For that matter, how could Sandusky be allowed to continue to have this sort of access to Second Mile and the PSU program after he ADMITTED to inappropriately showering with young boys in 1998? Continued access suggests to me that either 1) he had some information that he could use against PSU/Second Mile, or 2) he was not the only person within the program involved in this kind of behavior. Any way you slice it, there is some form of enabling involved.

That is the big question. There has to be still more to the story. Too many gaps in the Grand Jury transcript.

One thing that no one seems to be bringing up is the fact that there WAS a criminal investigation in 1998 so by the time of the 2002 event, there is already, at the very least, an indication that Sandusky has a serious sickness. Paterno and everyone above him had to have known about Gricar's investigation, right? Given the history, how could you possibly ignore what happened in 2002????

For that matter, how could Sandusky be allowed to continue to have this sort of access to Second Mile and the PSU program after he ADMITTED to inappropriately showering with young boys in 1998? Continued access suggests to me that either 1) he had some information that he could use against PSU/Second Mile, or 2) he was not the only person within the program involved in this kind of behavior. Any way you slice it, there is some form of enabling involved.

Ding ding ding.

Ding ding ding.

Yep, I would say this thing is going to get 10 times uglier before is all is said and done and this why they need to take anyone affiliated with Penn St out of the process at this point. Way too many people with skin in the game so to speak at this point. President, BOT, etc can't be trusted in any fashion, everyone is a suspect at this point, IMO

This. NO FREAKING WAY that Paterno and company were as clueless as they're portraying themselves to be.

Ding ding ding again. Some have described that Raykovitz guy as a sleazeball and worse. The fact that the institution called PSU never eradicated itself of Sandusky and Second Mile says that this whole thing ran a lot deeper within PSU than anyone knows. There has to be some massive entangled web for not one person of any authority at PSU over a 2 decade period to have kicked kicked the out of Sandusky and dragged him down to the PD.

Raped by a guy in a locker room shower?

"Tough life," says Paterno.
this is a guy who truly doesn't give a crap about what happened to these kids but has been told he needs to make sure he pays lip service to them when he says something

at 84 he just isn't able to come up with some smooth sound bites so he ends up making incredibly insulting crap like this

what a - in spite of what is coming out he honestly could give a about those kids, only cares about himself and his legacy (and ironically has no idea of how much damage he is doing to his legacy and his school)

In all honesty if paterno cares more about what he built at psu and his legacy then he is a sicker man than I ever thought.

The BOT will be under significant pressure to remove anyone associated with this nasty situation until it's known how this happened. It's not just humiliating to Penn State but Pennsylvania as a whole. It won't be long before there are a lot of principal parties sitting on the sideline, so to speak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom