How about we cut Cooney some slack | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How about we cut Cooney some slack

Did anyone say he did the right thing? Of course not. But in all the things to talk about, this is 1009. A player with no experience couldn't get the ball to the guy he was suppose to and panicked under intense pressure. The rest of us can understand that. You can't.

I can understand that, its you and a few others who keep claiming were blaming Cooney for the loss and thats ridiculous no one is blaming him for the loss regardless of what happened on the last play. Can you not seperate the two?

I can understand that, its you and a few others who keep claiming were blaming Cooney for the loss and thats ridiculous no one is blaming him for the loss regardless of what happened on the last play. Can you not seperate the two?
Jeremy, it's quarter to one. Let it go for f's sake. He is more disappointed than you.

How come every other week there is a Cooney apologist thread? I don't get the fascination with Cooney. He had a subpar year and made a terrible play at the end of the game. I didn't see anyone really blaiming him for the loss, just calling out the fact the last play was ridiculously awful (which is absolutely the truth). Yet another Cooney apologist thread is made.

JB said the ball was suppose to go to southerland but southerland got bottled. Should Cooney have shot a 3? Yes. But under that kind of pressure for a guy that has not played under intense pressure, I give him a pass. jeremy, you have never been under that kind of pressure.
The play was for Southerland?
Why was he going to the glass?
Was he supposed to curl out the other side for a catch and shoot?

How come every other week there is a Cooney apologist thread? I don't get the fascination with Cooney. He had a subpar year and made a terrible play at the end of the game. I didn't see anyone really blaiming him for the loss, just calling out the fact the last play was ridiculously awful (which is absolutely the truth). Yet another Cooney apologist thread is made.

Oh boy you did it now.

Jeremy, it's quarter to one. Let it go for f's sake. He is more disappointed than you.

Just responding to your post, were here for discussions regardless of the time.

T
his kid was on hte team that made the Elite * last year.

It is the ultimate young man's game. Next time, PULL UP FROM F****NG THREE.
he would've airballed a three and i really wished he had

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The worst part for me is that Cooney ACTUALLY made a 3 pointer in this game. But then he decides that 2 is better then 3.

Are you serious? Whose fault is it? Juli Boehiem? Otto? John Desko? The boards? The kid is a redshirt Freshmen who has had two years in the program this isnt a true freshmen in the month of November in the preseason NIT. Im 99% sure JB didnt say during the TO, hey Trevor take it to the hole and throw up a wild shot with 7 seconds left.

Not everything has to be someone's fault. Sometimes s*** just happens. I imagine Trevor feels 100% worse than we all do.

I'm not blaming Cooney but with17 seconds you have to be aware of the situation. You can't drive to the basket like a moron down three. He really has disappointed me this year in the year he had. I hope he figures it out for next year.

There was what, 15 seconds left? If he makes that layup, we're down 1 with about 9 seconds left, and the way UM was shooting from the line, I have no issue with that. We did not NEED the 3 yet, there was enough time to get a quick 2, try to steal the inbound and foul if we couldn't. I think he thought he would have an easy drive because UM wouldn't want to foul.

imagine that you're hiking along in the woods and come across a bear. stowed in your backpack is a pistol, mace, a machete and a flyswatter. we clearly choose the wrong weapon here to give us any chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom