How are you prepping? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How are you prepping?

I've been prepping by coming into my office at 6 am and trying to get 12 hours work done in 8 so I can go home to watch the game. It's hard to sneak out the door when your 10 employees know that you are an absolute Syracuse University Basketball Junkie and they are playing today in the dance.

I don't think I'm going to fool anyone if I tell them I'm going out on an appointment to meet with a prospective client. :confused:

Also, silently repeating my mantra du jour... They've got this one... They've got this one...

I'm prepping by sitting at my desk not doing an OUNCE of work. My boss would be so proud. :)

New job = no vacation time. However, I'm tearing out of here at 4pm and watching the game on delay.

Taking the wife to the airport this AM, gonna miss most of the game - if I can even get it. She'll be gone for a week. All things considered, it's a net win. I've got the entire first weekend of the NCAA's with no "Honey Do" nonsense. couchburn

Last edited:
Last week I told my boss that I had to leave at noon to take my son for a doctor's visit. However, I told him that the appointment was on Friday! :bang:

I had to take a guess because I figured no way do I tell him that I need to leave once he knows when we are playing because he knows I'm a huge 'Cuse fan. Therefore, I told him before the brackets were released to hopefully make it look more believable. I figured I had a 50% chance of getting it right. D@mn!! Next year, without question, has vacation time written all over it.

I hope he doesn't read this post. :eek:

Last week I told my boss that I had to leave at noon to take my son for a doctor's visit. However, I told him that the appointment was on Friday! :bang:

I had to take a guess because I figured no way do I tell him that once he knows when we were playing. He went to Virginia and knows I'm a huge 'Cuse fan. I figured I had a 50% chance of getting it right. D@mn!! Next year, without question, has vacation time written all over it.

I hope he doesn't read this post. :eek:
Tell him you were wrong and it's Thursday. Dad's never know correct dates.

... Matter of fact on Monday I had to play the post because I was the only person 6' or taller on my team.

Who are you playing for, these guys?

hE6485B9A

You want no pat of this. Mannnnn haven't played in years. Played a pond hockey tournament in 2011. Time before that was 2002. I miss it like crazy.

Dude. You gotta get it back. I play 3 X per week. I'm a human laser beam. Bought one of those Easton graphite sticks, it's so light I have to keep looking to see if I'm still holding it. And always remember, "Upstairs is where the goals are. Upstairs, where Norman keeps his mother!"

Dude. You gotta get it back. I play 3 X per week. I'm a human laser beam. Bought one of those Easton graphite sticks, it's so light I have to keep looking to see if I'm still holding it. And always remember, "Upstairs is where the goals are. Upstairs, where Norman keeps his mother!"
3 times a week. Good lord. The perks of living where you do eh? I need to find a suitable men's league. I also have to buy almost all new equipment. I could never get used to those graphite sticks. My brother played with them and they broke like potato chips. I uses a Sherwood with a coffee blade

3 times a week. Good lord. The perks of living where you do eh? I need to find a suitable men's league. I also have to buy almost all new equipment. I could never get used to those graphite sticks. My brother played with them and they broke like potato chips. I uses a Sherwood with a coffee blade

The new skates take some getting used to. I finally gave up my 20 year old Super Tacks for some Reebok 11K's. Wow, just wow.

The new skates take some getting used to. I finally gave up my 20 year old Super Tacks for some Reebok 11K's. Wow, just wow.
I actually have some old grafs that I loved. Have gloves. And a helmet. The rest I need. Probably just shin guards and ants in a non checking league. Oh and elbow pads. Those things are important.