How awful was Jim Nance? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How awful was Jim Nance?

Side-uh-bay. That was particularly bad. Grant Hill is turrible as well. Imagine if it those 2 didn't have Raff.
Grant Hill was just awful. He didn't even try to add to the telecast. The second half was 20 minutes of us listening to a Duke fan making jokes about how easy Duke was scoring. Interesting that he shut up when we were making our late run to get close at the end.

Bad enough that Nantz obviously didn't prepare (every school's media guide has a pronunciation guide, and a lot of SIDs print out a separate page as part of the game notes - it would take 60 seconds to look for that and commit it to memory, no part of his job is easier than this), but how could a producer not get in his ear with the first mispronunciation and set him straight?

Terrible job by everyone.

And that ignores his milquetoast commentary.

Because I'm going to evaluate him based on his 30 year body of work, not from one game last night. Chukwu is a tricky name to pronounce -- I find myself saying "Chook-woo" all the time.

It's a basic, standard, quick and easy part of his job to get pronunciations right.

It is expected.

A 30 year career does not absolve him from doing the basics of the job properly and professionally.

He knows this and knows better... If he doesn't give a toss anymore, he should retire.

Nantz was indeed bad. He is drifting towards the Jim McKay syndrome where he has picked out His winner. Doesn't matter what sport.

As for Charles, he isn't so far from the doofus character he plays on the current advertisement.

Nance is turrible.

In studio I don't know if those guys even watch the games. After the game one of them said syracuse plays 3 guards and one had to play the back of the zone. Duke just picked what side they were on and threw over them.
And according to Kenny Smith Cuse plays a 3-2 zone.

Nantz actually said some complimentary things about us. I was shocked. He always is so biased to the blue blood teams.

He clearly didnt give two craps. I wonder if anyone even corrected him which I doubt and is even more inexcusable. ITS ...YOUR...JOB
At one point after Nantz mispoke, Hill just called him Bourama as he didn't even attempt his last name. So the answer is probably no one corrected him.

Reached the point of his career where he’s at based on reputation. Guy needs to do games during the year. Doesn’t put in the work anymore unlike Eagle.

He’s just a big event guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom