How do we feel about our DC...go | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How do we feel about our DC...go

Diggs is really really good. You can easily tell he's just a different level of athlete out there compared to the rest. Big and fast. That last series in OT where he was spying the QB and made those 2 tackles helped win the game.

Also, think Watson will be very good. He has the size and agility we need in the middle.
I agree about Watson. That kid is gonna be a beast.

The defense is a work in progress. They ran zone concepts that would allow the defense to see the field and pursuit and tackle. A running QB hurts you in man coverage. You have to pick your poison and go all in on your gameplan. Sometimes it works well. Sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes its a mixed bag of results and that was the case last night. They did some spying on the QB but I will have to re watch the game to see their strategy.
I think people are reacting to a few big plays. (Made by good players). We don’t expect people to stop Gadsden, but we expect to stop their AA guy, a projected 1st round pick by many.

Other than the one big run we held them to 3.5 per carry on the rest. Hardly getting gashed. Only 354 total yards on the road vs hot top 25 team.

Giving up only 345 per game. #60 nationally. With a high powered top 15 offense, that is a good combo. Weaker O from NC St and Cal coming up too!

Only the Ohio game was on the D. (4 games ago). GT was close on specials, Stanford was on the offense. UNLV close on specials again.
D playing good enough to win.

really my only concern is how we are using Diggs. To disruptive to be the spy/ LB dropping into coverage.

Here is what I see regarding the DL. The OL gets straight contact on our DL and get stood up. Not always, sometimes they get penetration but mostly blocked.

I also have not seen the DL run any stunts. Pretty easy for the OL to take on our guys straight up when they don't have to worry about any stunts.

If you watch when SU OL struggles it's picking up opposing teams stunts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom