How do we kill the new chat...and its alerts? | Syracusefan.com

How do we kill the new chat...and its alerts?

If you enable the chat, go to Settings. Check the box next to Disable Chat. (Note - this doesn't work when you use the popup option). You need to do this without enabling the popup (should be called popout, IMO).

i'm not seeing how to do it. I don't see the option to disable chat. I hate this feature.

i'm not seeing how to do it. I don't see the option to disable chat. I hate this feature.
Close the chat. Look at your lower left corner of the page. Enable chat - click it. Don't pop it out (Options). Go to Settings and see if you have the Disable Chat option. You should. I (and others) do.

Close the chat. Look at your lower left corner of the page. Enable chat - click it. Don't pop it out (Options). Go to Settings and see if you have the Disable Chat option. You should. I (and others) do.
thanks. that did it!

I killed the chat but not the alerts. How do I kill them too?

I killed the chat but not the alerts. How do I kill them too?
Have you unchecked all the boxes under Settings->Desktop Notifications?

If so, temery may have the answer.

I did the /quit and disabled all notifications, but I still see the fembot and notification that I left the room. Will that eventually go away as well?

Everytime I reenter a forum the threads are supersized as well. I'm guessing this is tied to some of the settings.

I did the /quit and disabled all notifications, but I still see the fembot and notification that I left the room. Will that eventually go away as well?

I'm working on it. Did you check hide bot message?

I'm working on it. Did you check hide bot message?

Yes, everything is unchecked.

Edit: I see there are two "bot messages". The "hide bot messages" is checked. The desktop bot notification is now unchecked.

Now everything seems back to normal..

upload_2017-3-5_14-12-27.png

How do you get rid of the chat alert on the bottom of the page?

How do you get rid of the chat alert on the bottom of the page?
Great question...I'd like to know too.

I love FrancoPizza but I don't need his last chat statement show up after I leave a chat.

1. Click on the "Toggle Chat" in the bottom right corner of your screen.

2. Under "settings" in the upper right corner look for "miscellaneous"

3. Check the "disable chat" box.

That should do it.

1. Click on the "Toggle Chat" in the bottom right corner of your screen.

2. Under "settings" in the upper right corner look for "miscellaneous"

3. Check the "disable chat" box.

That should do it.
The chat area expanded on my phone a bit today. These instructions killed it. Thanks!

Except now there's this "Enable Chat" floating button in the lower right. Hmmm...

Last edited:
None of the above suggestions seem to help. How do I get rid of the chat panel & "fembot" notification at the bottom of the page. There's nothing in Settings that works, and no "enable chat" button I can see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom