How do you request time off? | Syracusefan.com

How do you request time off?

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
for tourney games? I've always been able to maneuver my work schedule around my passion (or bring my TV to work like in the case of 4-7-03 - ugh can't do that now in the digital age)

I just turned in two sets of 4 hours of PTO with no dates. For times I put TBD on 3-11-12. Don't know the reception that is going to get.

Personally I am hoping for that first game this year, 12:20pm on thursday means I keep 4 hours.

So what do you all do? (aside from not work second shift) Cincinnati is a basketball town, so I think they'll understand, but my boss is a Kentucky fan.

As another point, I really miss being able to comment on every game with Marsh. I've hardly watched any games other than ours this year.

I've always just watched the tourney at work. Everyone else in the places I worked at pretty much did the same thing. Now that you can get the stream sent to your mobile device, it's easier than ever to watch while on the clock.

Im a partner. Cart blanche time off.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I haven't missed a Thursday/Friday since middle school. 20 years running. Not about to start now.

I conditionally requested the days around the Final Four if necessary. I informed our office manager that I wouldn't need the days if Syracuse doesn't make it. I realize not everyone gets to take a week off from work contingent on a basketball team's success though.

for tourney games? I've always been able to maneuver my work schedule around my passion (or bring my TV to work like in the case of 4-7-03 - ugh can't do that now in the digital age)

I just turned in two sets of 4 hours of PTO with no dates. For times I put TBD on 3-11-12. Don't know the reception that is going to get.

Personally I am hoping for that first game this year, 12:20pm on thursday means I keep 4 hours.

So what do you all do? (aside from not work second shift) Cincinnati is a basketball town, so I think they'll understand, but my boss is a Kentucky fan.

As another point, I really miss being able to comment on every game with Marsh. I've hardly watched any games other than ours this year.

Dude i know. I miss the discussions of the crappy games. Sigh.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I've always just watched the tourney at work. Everyone else in the places I worked at pretty much did the same thing. Now that you can get the stream sent to your mobile device, it's easier than ever to watch while on the clock.

yea....

the block ESPN and just about everything else (except this this site)

Plus streaming video still generally sucks.

Do you not believe in DVRs? Must you watch in real time? I am not judging you, I'm just trying to come up with flexible options. I work for myself, so often choose to lose money rather than not watch a game. But I have to admit that the DVR has changed how I approach tournament watching. Good luck! Tell us what you come up with.

I haven't missed a Thursday/Friday since middle school. 20 years running. Not about to start now.

Oh I am not missing it. They did just let 3 people go though, and I'd really feel dumb about losing a job to watch basketball.

Do you not believe in DVRs? Must you watch in real time? I am not judging you, I'm just trying to come up with flexible options. I work for myself, so often choose to lose money rather than not watch a game. But I have to admit that the DVR has changed how I approach tournament watching. Good luck! Tell us what you come up with.

I just got a new 150 hour Tivo, so it's possible for me to record the entire tournament. But, that would just be as a secondary viewing because I don't think I could go that whole first round not knowing what happened until I got home from work.

I take a half day Thur and Fri every season.

You seriously could get work done knowing that the Tourney was going on? I must be the boards biggest slacker. I love DVR but certainly not for live sports (i only use to watch a 2nd time when i am out for gamewatchings with the NYC crew).

You seriously could get work done knowing that the Tourney was going on? I must be the boards biggest slacker. I love DVR but certainly not for live sports (i only use to watch a 2nd time when i am out for gamewatchings with the NYC crew).

My friends make fun of me for watching the games when I get home from a game or watch. I usually watch it twice. Once hammered when I get home and just pass out to it and then in the morning.

Exactly. Boss let me do 10 hour shifts with 2-hr lunches after she noticed I was hitting refresh on my phones gametracket every 12 seconds.

I cannot be productive if I know there is a game on.

My friends make fun of me for watching the games when I get home from a game or watch. I usually watch it twice. Once hammered when I get home and just pass out to it and then in the morning.

Exact same. More times than not I watch when I get back from the bar which makes little sense seeing that I don't remember watching it the second time.

I try to get the week of the BET off, and then a 4 day weekend for the first round of the tourny... With the time zone difference now, it means for a noon game, I have to be at the bar by 8... The bar that opens at 11.. Good thing I know the owner.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=64.822053,-147.758468

My girlfriend's dad is a doctor and an even bigger basketball fan than I am. He said he would give me a doctor's note that says I have mono and have to work from home those days if need be.:)

Kind of sketchy but I don't care.

I'm not calling the original poster or anyone out, but do you really have to inform your boss why you are taking vaca? And what kind of boss would ask why?

My vaca is my personal time --

Haven't missed the first 2 days of the tourney in 15yrs - and yes, most know why I'm taking those days off, but it's my vaca and I can choose how to use it.

Invite your boss to an extended lunch and watch the game with him/her if it's during working hours.

Retired now, but I always took time off to attend the Big East tourney ... and to travel to most of SU's NCAA games. I just did it. My boss knew exactly what I was doing ... .because we usually had a few bets on the games. (In the pre-cell phone era, he once sent someone to MSG to find me because of some real or imagined crisis, but he was otherwise cool with it).

on Monday I requested thurs and fri off for BET and first round of NCAA

Self employment.