How do you say Syracuse? | Syracusefan.com

How do you say Syracuse?

bear.

Never heard anyone in syracuse say it differently.

Definitely a deer. I never hear anyone say Sarah-cuse.

Actually, now that I say it, I realize I don't even pronounce a middle syllable.

I think I say "Seer-cuse." Sort of like "Lou..ville" (which is how it's pronounced in that KY city).

Last edited:
I honestly think it changes with my level of drunkness... I think I'm normally a deer. But when drunk, sarahcuse is easier to say... When I'm real drunk, I think I fall into ctos category of seercuse... No clue here

I have no idea...and whatever way I say it, it will be wrong to 50% of CNY. Hell I can't even say Beer and Bear differently...get made of fun by my coworkers on that. I do pronounce soda correctly...u hear me WNY?

Definitely a deer. I never hear anyone say Sarah-cuse.

Actually, now that I say it, I realize I don't even pronounce a middle syllable.

I think I say "Seer-cuse." Sort of like "Lou..ville" (which is how it's pronounced in that KY city).
I'm a seer-a-cuse guy. In Lousiville they actually pronounce it "Lou..vull" or sometimes "Lool...vull". But then use the nickname "The Vill".

I'm from upstate New York, was born in Syracuse, and have always called it Sarah-Cuse.

I pronounce it Syr-a-soze to be fancy (like Keyser Soze in Usual Suspects).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom