How does everyone feel about tonight's game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How does everyone feel about tonight's game?

I’ll be at Vivant Home Arena watching Bon Jovi with the game on DVR...

Let’s Go Orange

62A651F9-7A98-4342-B635-161F83231C08.jpeg

I guess I'll actually answer your question unlike the rest of the jabronis in this thread ;)

I like Clemson. Guard play is huge come tourney time and you have some really good ones. Losing Grantham will hurt down the line but until you face some of the big boys, Thomas should be able to hold his own underneath.

I think gbo forgot he wasn't on his team's board when he posted this. But that's a guess designed to hide from my inability to actually read his OP and it's intent the first time.

I’ll be at Vivant Home Arena watching Bon Jovi with the game on DVR...

Let’s Go Orange

I'm a huge Bon Jovi fan. It started for me back in August of '84, when I saw them live at the Lost Horizon, where "She's A Little Runaway" was their hit song getting air play. So many great songs, many of my favorites really never got played much on the radio, "Blood on Blood," Something to Believe In" to name a couple. I've been to many of their concerts, Buffalo Aud, Rich Stadium, Carrier Dome, Richfield Coliseum and the Q in Cleveland, Time Warner arena here in Charlotte a few times, etc.

I saw them last in February '17 in Greenville, SC, (first leg of tour) and had Floor Center, 5th row...a great venue. That being said, that concert was probably the least favorite of mine. The played too much of their new (This House is not for Sale stuff) for my liking. Albeit, they did play Blood on Blood! If you pull the set list, you can see what you'll likely be hearing tonight...they still rock and their addition into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next month in Cleveland is long overdue.

I have had XM radio for years, and mostly keep it on Hair Nation. I love when that dude DJ Keith Roth is on, as he plays all that great 'ol hair band stuff. :)

Have fun and Rock on!!!

I think if we continue to play elite defense and limit turnovers when win. They aren't a long team so we should be able to find passing lanes better than we did against a team like FSU. It also helps that they don't shoot FTs well as a team. I know people love to call for the upset but I say Clemson +5. Thoughts?

Hopefully am dead wrong but I think Arizona state is scary bad and that unless all three SU scorers play great TCU wins easily, something like 73-60.

Hopefully am dead wrong but I think Arizona state is scary bad and that unless all three SU scorers play great TCU wins easily, something like 73-60.
ASU is bad but so were some teams we played in the ACC that we lost to. We also beat teams that are at least on par with TCU in the ACC.

We generally bring teams into "the suck" and unless you're elite like UNC/Duke, you're forced to play basketball in a flaming dumpster with us. Tends to level the playing field both for and against us.

Last edited:
Not a good match up for us. Dixon knows how to carve up the zone. TCU beat Baylor twice who plays 2-3 zone (not as good as ours but a zone). They beat Bonaventure by 10 points OOC. All their losses are close including 2 close games with Kansas. We will have to play an exceptional game to win.

Not a good match up for us. Dixon knows how to carve up the zone. TCU beat Baylor twice who plays 2-3 zone (not as good as ours but a zone). They beat Bonaventure by 10 points OOC. All their losses are close including 2 close games with Kansas. We will have to play an exceptional game to win.
I feel like a lot of those games were before they lost their PG though, not to say they aren't dangerous but I think they went 8-6 down the stretch. Winnable game.

ASU is bad but so were some teams we played in the ACC that we lost to. We also beat teams that are at least on par with TCU in the ACC.

We generally bring teams into "the suck" and unless you're elite like UNC/Duke, you're forced to play basketball in a flaming dumpster with us. Tends to level the playing field both for and against us.

Is the suck like the upside down ?

I picked New Mexico St. in my bracket. Sorry. Really not impressed with the ACC this year beyond UVa, Duke, and UNC. I also had Miami, NC State, and VT getting bounced in round 1 and I picked against FSU tonight too.

Given the number of fouls being called in this tournament, and our lack of depth, I have some concerns. If we can hold them under 60 we have a chance. We will only be as good as our defense.

Good thing Dixon isn't playing ...

...no worries...

I don't expect a W at all. TCU is an awful matchup, mostly due to Dixon. They have good shooters, a big that can score inside/out and should have some semblance of how to defeat the zone because of Dixon.

If we play anywhere close to how we played against ASU, we'll lose by 20. That was a terrible team; TCU is pretty good.

BUT...it's March and who really knows how the inexperienced TCU group will respond to facing the zone with the season on the line. We'll try to grind it out, probably be close at the half and have to hope we don't go ice cold in the 2nd. I'm thinking 68-61 TCU, but we 3pt shooting will be a difference maker. If we're on, and they are on the colder side, we've got a great shot. Gotta rebound too.

heading into tonight expecting an L. (hoping for a happy surprise.) always better having low expectations (like when we played clemson in football)

Well its still snowing in upstate NY everyone knows basketball season cant end for Syracuse while its still snowing here...

I think if we continue to play elite defense and limit turnovers when win. They aren't a long team so we should be able to find passing lanes better than we did against a team like FSU. It also helps that they don't shoot FTs well as a team. I know people love to call for the upset but I say Clemson +5. Thoughts?
The way I'm seeing it, the only reason why we have a chance to win this one is because this team is much better at rebounding than the Boeheim teams were that lost to Dixon in the past. If we can dominate on the boards, we have a good chance.

Of course, defending the three will be a big part of it. This hasn't been one of our strengths this year, but we have shown against some of the better 3 pt. shooting teams that we can get it done if Tyus and Frank are determined...

The third reason I see is that this year's team---compared to past Boeheim teams---has shown that it can succeed in the "rock fight" games that always seemed so problematic in the past. (In fact, it seems to be the only way we can defeat the better teams on the schedule). Instead of being frustrated by the rock fight type of game, this team seems to embrace it.

Fourth, if the refs can shut down the 'clutch and grab' defense that Dixon prefers, we will definitely have a chance to win.

This is such a young team. Will they be able to pull it off in spite of their inexperience? Well, they just might...

If the guys show up mentally locked in and determined to play their best game of the season so far, I believe they can pull it off.

Hoping for another glorious upset NCAAT victory for the Cuse...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom