How does everyone feel about tonight's game? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How does everyone feel about tonight's game?

Well its still snowing in upstate NY everyone knows basketball season cant end for Syracuse while its still snowing here...

It feels like January today. I feel like I should be getting ready to go to the dome to watch us play Notre Dame.

The way I'm seeing it, the only reason why we have a chance to win this one is because this team is much better at rebounding than the Boeheim teams were that lost to Dixon in the past. If we can dominate on the boards, we have a good chance.

Of course, defending the three will be a big part of it. This hasn't been one of our strengths this year, but we have shown against some of the better 3 pt. shooting teams that we can get it done if Tyus and Frank are determined...

The third reason I see is that this year's team---compared to past Boeheim teams---has shown that it can succeed in the "rock fight" games that always seemed so problematic in the past. (In fact, it seems to be the only way we can defeat the better teams on the schedule). Instead of being frustrated by the rock fight type of game, this team seems to embrace it.

Fourth, if the refs can shut down the 'clutch and grab' defense that Dixon prefers, we will definitely have a chance to win.

This is such a young team. Will they be able to pull it off in spite of their inexperience? Well, they just might...

If the guys show up mentally locked in and determined to play their best game of the season so far, I believe they can pull it off.

Hoping for another glorious upset NCAAT victory for the Cuse...

Good first post! Don't be a stranger

Been hanging around for years...I'm sure I'll be posting every now and then...

Indulge yourself, let the addiction grow, become one with the compulsion ...

I think if we continue to play elite defense and limit turnovers when win. They aren't a long team so we should be able to find passing lanes better than we did against a team like FSU. It also helps that they don't shoot FTs well as a team. I know people love to call for the upset but I say Clemson +5. Thoughts?
I like Clemson but they'd better not be coasting against New Mexico State, who I think beat Miami. A 5/12 matchup always causes excitement and it would be best for it not to be Clemson's turn. I always think SU is going to win, but think Dixon knows how to coach against JB, though this is a different team than ones that Dixon has coached against in the past. I think JB outcoaches Dixon down the stretch and pulls it out at the end...and hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom