How does Mike Brey keep his job? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How does Mike Brey keep his job?

Academic standards. Inability to redshirt.

Actually Brey has been redshirting players for years. They don't reflect it on their website and use only their academic standing. In fact Jerian Grant was a redshirt- he's actually a redshirt junior. Notre Dame hates the term "redshirt" and when forced to acknowledge it they call it their 5 year program. A big recruit Cam Biedschied who had a rough freshman season is "preserving his eligibilty in their 5 year program" this year.

The Celtics are at the very beginning of a total gut and rebuild, Rondo will be next at some point. Stevens will be there 3-4 years at a minimum. Phil Jackson couldn't win with what they have right now. He was not a win now hire. I would say year 3 they will be looking for marked improvement and hopefully scratch their way into the playoffs. If that doesn't happen he will still get year 4 to get that done, IMO. They are the 2nd worst team in the NBA right now and have the talent to show for it.

Brey isn't a great coach but he's pretty good, why would they fire him? He hasn't done a ton in the post season but it happens. I wouldn't call JB's body of work in the post season, EXCEPTIONAL. There are also the academic standards to deal with

Is there a better 13 year stretch in nd history? I think the point is "considering it's notre dame, that's better than anyone could expect.

Who's coming to notre dame to coach them and do better? Name somebody.

Matt Daugherty and John McLeod are both out of work if they might be better options!

Daugherty makes Martin look like Cool Hand Luke.

I can't believe DoH was a t Notre Dame only one season. One NIT season. Can't believe that move didn't work for you Carolina!

I loved Matt as a player. But as a Coach he had terrible anger management problems that he could hide from the cameras but not in practice sessions.

When a parent who played for Bobby Knight is worried about his son's treatment you know things were getting rough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom