How does the 2012 season look? | Syracusefan.com

How does the 2012 season look?

Garrett_TD23

Walk On
How many of Syracuse starters are coming back on offense and defense? Key loses, key returning players. Let's also assume the underclassmen who are good enough for the NFL stay.

on O we lose Tiller, Bailey, Harris, Chew, Provo, and Hay...

D we lose Maronivich, Scott and that it for starters

If we replace the right side of the OL, we should be really good next year w/ a senior nassib and more experienced defense.

Next year is going to be a fun year to be a SU fan. I just hope if we go to the ACC next year we don't get an awful schedule (ala Miami FSU and VT with two of them on the road).

If we replace the right side of the OL, we should be really good next year w/ a senior nassib and more experienced defense.
Harris, Chew, and Provo are all big losses. We need guys to step up to fill those gaps. I'm confident the OL will adjust for the loss of Tiller and Hay.

We have some depth at DE and CB (when they're healthy) so I think we'll be ok there.

Harris should have another year, didn't he take his redshirt the year that he transferred? (yes I know Marrone's policy, but I assume he'd give Harris a fifth year).

We are only one position away from a chance at a great year and that is RB. We need to land a juco all everything RB and we will light it up on O. Gulley will be fine but if somehow we can land a true stud at RB we will put up 30 a game. WR is going to be loaded. The Oline will be much improved D is going to be something special and with both kickers back and another year of Kobena and Renee or Desir in the system specials could be special.

Harris should have another year, didn't he take his redshirt the year that he transferred? (yes I know Marrone's policy, but I assume he'd give Harris a fifth year).
was he at cornell for 1?

We are only one position away from a chance at a great year and that is RB. We need to land a juco all everything RB and we will light it up on O. Gulley will be fine but if somehow we can land a true stud at RB we will put up 30 a game. WR is going to be loaded. The Oline will be much improved D is going to be something special and with both kickers back and another year of Kobena and Renee or Desir in the system specials could be special.
We aren't going to find a "Juco all everything RB that will light it up on O." We have quality running backs, Ameen Moore will hopefully be in shape; PTG has looked great in limited time; Rene, Smith, Smallwood, and McFarlane will all get a chance to prove themselves too. Unless we land Wes Brown, there is no "stud RB" that SU is landing (and we aren't getting Brown).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom