How embarrassing for ESPN | Syracusefan.com

How embarrassing for ESPN

And they put the Andy kid back on... should've swapped him out with somebody other than Schwarz.

It really is an idiotic move.

Now, I don't fault them for having Katz there, despite his issue with Boeheim. But to have him be the only sideline reporter, and to have no coverage of one of the teams participating in the game is just bush.

It really is an idiotic move.

Now, I don't fault them for having Katz there, despite his issue with Boeheim. But to have him be the only sideline reporter, and to have no coverage of one of the teams participating in the game is just bush.
Well thats a well deserved monicker for ESPN anyway. "BUSH"

yeah, thats real professional dont cover a side of a story if you dont like it, or are afraid of how it might make you look.
weak producers at ESPN

By the way, Boeheim LOVES Bilas. And he doesn't care for really any ESPN sideline person, period. Katz is just in the bottom level.

Katz is likely scared to death of being humiliated on National TV by the professor!

I bet Boeheim said he wont interview with Katz.

Sent using my Commodore 64

More embarassing is games it is airing tomorrow on ABC.

SEC semis -- and no Kentucky.

Am I the only one that thinks having a "sideline" reporter covering basketball is a little dumb?

That said, I think it's great that Katz has to cover another game in this dumb role knowing that one of the coaches won't talk to him. All because he took himself too seriously.

You have a sideline reporter who can't talk to the winning coach.

Hopefully they'll have the same problem tomorrow!

"You have a coach on the sideline who won't talk to the loser reporter" There, fixed!

absolutely. he isnt afraid to walk over to him. this was set up prior to this tournament starting

Agreed Bees and Marsh. It has been pre-determined that Katz will not approach JB. I find it especially funny at half time. Today you would have thought that Boeheim was the coach you would talk to at that point, but Katz could not do it, so he interview JT3.

If they really wanted a halftime interview, Bilas could've talked to JAB as he came back to the court following the break.

Alternatively, he could've moved toward the tunnel at the under-4:00 media break. He could've done commentary from the sideline for a few minutes like he did during ESPN's failed courtside announcing experiment. I recall that they tried it once at a Dome game.

Who cares how petty Boeheim is?
We just delivered a FACIAL to G-town!

Sideline reporters almost never get anything of any value anyway...except perhaps when someone is injured.
And every coach says the same thin at halftime...a version of " Well we have to tighten up on ____ and have to start taking better shots."

That is an understatement.

Too bad, as Boeheim used to feed Katz info. Still like Katz, but shazam did he lose a key guy for him.

Way to go out on a limb there Rick...

Well, I was responding to posts that sounded like it was Katz who wouldn't talk to JB and was afraid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom