How good is this team | Syracusefan.com

How good is this team

GoSU96

Living Legend
Through 5 games SU is #1 in Lax Power's Power Rating with a 99.9 while playing the #4 schedule.

They are 5th in points for and 6th in points against.

The teams ahead of them on offense have played much weaker schedules, UNC, 37th, Brown 58th, Duke 42nd, ND, 23rd.

It's hard to say, for two quarters yesterday we looked like the team that played against Bryant but we had even more possession from the face off!

At this time of year it's about learning some hard lessons even if that means losing as you don't get a second chance in the post season!

With that said we have everything we need, I thought Sr. Bobby Sasquatch Wardwell played very well, he's experienced calm and doing a great job, we have a great athlete in Mullins at Def and whatever the score in games we have played good team def and have been impressed by the job the SSDM's are doing. Williams is doing a great job at face off and is an athlete and can play the game. The midfield is an enigma too other teams someone different seems to step up every week and is hard to scout! There is no doubt we have a very talented Attack and is one of the best in the nation! It wasnt their best game yesterday but opposition Def are focused on them and doing
Everything to make it hard for them and it takes time for us to figure it out! We have everything we need to win we just have to learn the lessons now to make us unstoppable in the post season!

Happy to have a sat game and not a book time slot also so should have a decent crowd up there... Beat hopkins

I think this team is very good and should be playing Memorial Day weekend. My two small criticisms are that as Jeremy has mentioned, we need an outside scoring threat. Teams are already packing the paint on us and doubling Rice and roughing Donahue. I personally like Galasso in this role as I think he has very good vision and a hard shot. Bottom line, we could use more production from our mids on O. The other is that we seem to have trouble later in games on the clear. Not sure why but I'd like to see some better ball movement, crisper passing here. Again, nits, things I think we can work on but the takeaway is this is a very very dangerous team. They seem to have taken it up a notch this year. I really think the early out last year is paying dividends.

Being able to practice on a full sized indoor field since January is paying dividends. :D
And, having the full compliment of starters available for a full fall and spring practice.

And, having the full compliment of starters available for a full fall and spring practice.

Bob! Long time stranger.

How are you doing?

I think this team is very good and should be playing Memorial Day weekend. My two small criticisms are that as Jeremy has mentioned, we need an outside scoring threat. Teams are already packing the paint on us and doubling Rice and roughing Donahue. I personally like Galasso in this role as I think he has very good vision and a hard shot. Bottom line, we could use more production from our mids on O. The other is that we seem to have trouble later in games on the clear. Not sure why but I'd like to see some better ball movement, crisper passing here. Again, nits, things I think we can work on but the takeaway is this is a very very dangerous team. They seem to have taken it up a notch this year. I really think the early out last year is paying dividends.

You dont think Galasso or Hakeem have a good outside shot? I dont think we should focus on that its about hitting our spots and taking good shots on offense and when the opposition D is so focused on the attack the middies can take step down shots from 10-12 yards and we will always have that shot, we just need to can them!

I think currently we are doing a good job, there will still be changes made within the lines of the team and the next 4-5 games will give us a great indication of where we are! even if we lose a few this isnt the end as long as we go to the post season with belief in ourselves and know that we have learnt some valuable lessons we will be all good!

I watch the games every week and think we are much improved from last year, the Ensley center and Williams have made a difference but I still think we have two more gears to shift to, the attack could take over games if they wanted and the first and second line have more to give, this is a good sign as we have always seen that step up in the playoffs! right now lets get to the ACC tournament as the experience will be invaluable for memorial day weekend, same format of games and competition! Win or lose I like this team and our identity right now!

HHH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom