• Poll choice...

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

igor

2nd String
gunnar again.
Grandpa could be motha trucker but i love him.
Melo, Lebron, and Kevin are the best forward/gaurds to ever play they can shoot, create, make the correct passes, and defend, better than any small/big forwards to ever play. On top of that, they all run the court and can finish. They have no peer.
ps:Melo can DEFEND WATCH HIM!!!!!
davis mellow, lebron, kd, and westbrook would destroy the dreamers

ps:Melo can DEFEND WATCH HIM!!!!!
If Melo would defend his position on the court with a fraction of the tenacity with which he defends his position as top dog on the Knicks, he would be an all timer

If Melo would defend his position on the court with a fraction of the tenacity with which he defends his position as top dog on the Knicks, he would be an all timer

in their last exhibition game the other day, melo was at times a beat on defense. especially on the perimeter in the first half he wasn't letting his man breath. i couldn't believe it was melo. i think sometimes with melo and defense, it is as much want to as it is can do.

in their last exhibition game the other day, melo was at times a beat on defense. especially on the perimeter in the first half he wasn't letting his man breath. i couldn't believe it was melo. i think sometimes with melo and defense, it is as much want to as it is can do.

spot on. never saw that many deflections

the key phrase being "at times"

You dont have to defend in the NBA as long as your offense is on point.
bs try bringing the ball up aganst westbrook. jbs biggest weakness is that he didn. t let jason heart jonny flynn rag the ball. mooque email bees what rag means

the key phrase being "at times"

which is the want to. in that first half he was a beast and played harder defense than anyone on the court. you dont see melo very often bouncing up and down with arms flailing in a players face and not fouling.

I will pay 20 dollars to a person who asks if melo was overrated during his time at Syracuse.

Melo just seems so motivated during Olympic team play. Meanwhile, during the NBA regular season...many games turn into "shoot and pout" sessions when his offense isn't rolling.

You dont have to defend in the NBA as long as your offense is on point.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Everyone talks about how the NBA is all offense but if you don't have an amazing defense you aren't winning. The heat won this year because they played stellar team D. In the 4 games the heat won, OKC scored over 100 once, and that was in a total blowout game 5. If you look over the years you will be very hard pressed to find a team with a subpar defense that won the championship. So I guess if your statement was meant to apply to just the regular season, sure, you don't need defense as long as you score a lot, but come playoffs that intensity is way different.

Wait, I thought no SU player knows how to play D in the NBA because JB only teaches them that wretched zone? But now I learned Melo can play D?

Now I'm confused.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Everyone talks about how the NBA is all offense but if you don't have an amazing defense you aren't winning. The heat won this year because they played stellar team D. In the 4 games the heat won, OKC scored over 100 once, and that was in a total blowout game 5. If you look over the years you will be very hard pressed to find a team with a subpar defense that won the championship. So I guess if your statement was meant to apply to just the regular season, sure, you don't need defense as long as you score a lot, but come playoffs that intensity is way different.

THR HEAT WON BECAUSE DETERMINED IT WAS FINANCIALLY best for that outcome disney owns abc which owns espn who controls sports and you morons that know nothing

THR HEAT WON BECAUSE DETERMINED IT WAS FINANCIALLY best for that outcome disney owns abc which owns espn who controls sports and you morons that know nothing
howtolosefriends.jpg

I agree. I think he plays so much harder for Team USA. There could be many factors that play into that, such as limited playing time during a game (can go full out knowing Bron and Durant are there in the rotation), none of the wear and tear from the season, playing for coaches that he likes, etc. Whatever it is, you always see a different Carmelo in the USA uniform.

I can't believe we've gotten this far without anyone caring that igor said this team would destroy the dream team.

Wait, I thought no SU player knows how to play D in the NBA because JB only teaches them that wretched zone? But now I learned Melo can play D?

Now I'm confused.

It takes time for NBA coaches to undo the damage done by playing for JB. Carmelo apparently needed 9 years in the NBA to correct the bad habits he picked up in one year at SU. I suppose if you play two years for JB you're totally f*cked.

I can't believe we've gotten this far without anyone caring that igor said this team would destroy the dream team.
It takes time for NBA coaches to undo the damage done by playing for JB. Carmelo apparently needed 9 years in the NBA to correct the bad habits he picked up in one year at SU. I suppose if you play two years for JB you're totally f*cked.

Very true...Danny Schayes would have had to play another 17 years to overcome JB's stigma...

If only he had left school after his sophomore year, he would have been an awesome defender in his final NBA season...

\\

thankyou little gunnar

D'Antoni taught 'Melo to play D

/sarcasm

afew years back a reporter as jb how much i its a freakin zonyme he spent on his zone a freahe said, its a zo. ive watched more practice than all of you ccombyned. not once

afew years back a reporter as jb how much i its a freakin zonyme he spent on his zone a freahe said, its a zo. ive watched more practice than all of you ccombyned. not once

Could not have said it better myself.

Melo, Lebron, and Kevin are the best forward/gaurds to ever play they can shoot, create, make the correct passes, and defend, better than any small/big forwards to ever play.

Bird, Erving, Havlicek, Baylor, Pippen, Worthy, Wilkins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom