How in the world did nobody on Duke foul out? | Syracusefan.com

How in the world did nobody on Duke foul out?

Jeremy L.

2018 Iggy Regular Season Record Winner
Three guys with four fouls and not one of them fouls out? Thank God we won this game.

Unwritten rule among refs: know who has 4, and make sure the last one's a good one. :noidea:

I told my girlfriend when Grayson picked up his 4th that the refs were going to swallow their whistles the rest of the way.

We have some seriously bad refs in this league. The one play where JB was going nuts after TL was fouled like 4 times by 3 different Duke players under the rim was unbelieveable.
even Dukie V was hollering for a foul on that play - that's when you know it's a horrible non-call

but yeah, Allen and Kennard were pretty much playing matador once they had 4 and we didn't really seem to make an effort to foul them out - TB kept pulling up and taking step-backs (which were money btw) instead of taking his guy to the basket

but yeah, Allen and Kennard were pretty much playing matador once they had 4 and we didn't really seem to make an effort to foul them out - TB kept pulling up and taking step-backs (which were money btw) instead of taking his guy to the basket

Not true - Gillon drove hard once, specifically trying to draw the 5th foul (on Grayson, IIRC), and threw up a prayer hoping to get the call - and didn't.

Not true - Gillon drove hard once, specifically trying to draw the 5th foul (on Grayson, IIRC), and threw up a prayer hoping to get the call - and didn't.
ok yeah there was that play - guess I'm more remembering Tyus

Anyone notice how SU only had 3 team fouls late in the first half? Then they intentionally fouled to drain clock.

It's almost like last night's crew knew the illegal screen call against GT was a travesty.

They made sure to get Lydon on the phantom, zero-contact, anticipatory whistle foul to give Kennard the and-1 though.

That's the one he jumped straight up in the air, correct? That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. It looked nothing like a foul.

I thought it was live, but once they showed the replay, it was a good no-call. Allen established position pretty well. Neither gained advantage, so no call.

Yeah, thought that it was a good no-call. Gillon created contact anyways. Still, the multiple four fouls definitely helped us. Duke was less agressive for sure. It's all good.

You didn't think Grayson Allen fouled Gillon on the drive to tie it. Even Vitale thought that was a foul.

I didn't mind the no call. Especially because it looked like if there was a bump, it was on the floor. I know Gillon is as automatic as we've seen from the FT line, but I'd rather take the layup than the free throws.

Part of the reason Gillon finished so many was because they weren't fouling.

And who could foul Battle on his crazy step back buckets. In such a bi-polar season, watching him improve this year has been fun.

Yeah, thought that it was a good no-call. Gillon created contact anyways. Still, the multiple four fouls definitely helped us. Duke was less agressive for sure. It's all good.

Helped on that game winner for sure. They were probably afraid to touch him because he's lights out from the line as well, but them being in foul trouble and looking at potential OT was helpful.

Anyone notice how SU only had 3 team fouls late in the first half? Then they intentionally fouled to drain clock.

It's almost like last night's crew knew the illegal screen call against GT was a travesty.
Roberson set at least 4-5 screens that were entirely identical to the one called at GT.

That's the one he jumped straight up in the air, correct? That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. It looked nothing like a foul.
Exactly. Lydon intentionally contorted to avoid contact...Kennard intentionally contorted to avoid contact....FOUL. Ridiculous.

Roberson set at least 4-5 screens that were entirely identical to the one called at GT.

I was going to say, "You gotta learn to just let go of those," when it occurred to me I'm still pissed at that charge call on Brandon Triche against OSU. It was so obviously gawdawful bad I've seen it used in referees' clinics. True.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom