How is your brand now Ishaq? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

How is your brand now Ishaq?

• For people who fail to see the real story , I will spell it out for you. When Marrone said he hated recruiting , it goes back to IW. He had him coming to SU , a big name 4 star recruit , which would have really changed the trajectory of recruiting , and he was sold off to ND in the middle of the night.

• For people who fail to see the real story , I will spell it out for you. When Marrone said he hated recruiting , it goes back to IW. He had him coming to SU , a big name 4 star recruit , which would have really changed the trajectory of recruiting , and he was sold off to ND in the middle of the night.

Then I guess it's for the best he went to the pros.

Looks as if he got some kind of a contract. Per NJ.com:

"Daniels (5-11, 217) has bounced around since coming out of South Florida in 2013. He threw his first two career passes last season for the Texans.

The signing is one of several moves the Giants made on Monday. Among them were the release of linebacker James Morris, a person with knowledge of the situation told NJ Advance Media. Morris played in six games last season.

Undrafted rookie defensive end Ishaq Williams and Lafayette cornerback Matt Smalley were also signed."

Looks as if he got some kind of a contract. Per NJ.com:

"Daniels (5-11, 217) has bounced around since coming out of South Florida in 2013. He threw his first two career passes last season for the Texans.

The signing is one of several moves the Giants made on Monday. Among them were the release of linebacker James Morris, a person with knowledge of the situation told NJ Advance Media. Morris played in six games last season.

Undrafted rookie defensive end Ishaq Williams and Lafayette cornerback Matt Smalley were also signed."

Does the NFL have something similar to the NBA's 10-day contract?

Practice squad

depending on the agenda some here claim that a practice squad member "made" the NFL to boost an argument for their favorite coach. 53 or it doesn't count.

depending on the agenda some here claim that a practice squad member "made" the NFL to boost an argument for their favorite coach. 53 or it doesn't count.
I have no idea what you could possibly be suggesting.

in the post P years the arguments about him and the following coaches would at some point involve SU players in the NFL. I remember some P supporters throwing out names of his guys they claimed made the NFL that were only on practice squads. I say they only made the NFL if on a 53 man roster. Just wanted to keep a consistent measure for the arguments that always come up between our more agenda driven posters.

This might be the worst thread on the football board. And there's a two hundred pager here about Rutgers.
All this and more.
  • Petty, spiteful, nonsensical, and stupid, IMHO.
  • The young man didn't choose us, all those years ago.
  • And to compound his grievous error he, horror of horrors, DARED to pick that bottom-feeder program...Notre Dame! Yes, he needs to hear about his "mistake" every chance he gets!:rolleyes:

Meanwhile Ishaq was signed to the NYG Practice Team today.

Considering the guy hasn't played regular snaps since his senior year of high school I think he's doing pretty damn well for himself. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him come off practice team mid season and join active roster.

And I agree, people really gotta let go of the butt hurt feelings that he picked Notre Dame over Syracuse, who resided in the crappy Big East.

Lots of "we're better than this" chest thumping going on in this thread. He was a big recruit for Marrone... Remember that awful video? I think Dougie watched that and was like "Gotta get back to the NFL so I don't have to grovel at the feet of teenagers"

And per the OP - I think it's Ishaq's brand were all poking fun at in hindsight. I for one am glad to see him get a shot in the NFL. But that's a long, long way from having a "brand" lol.

His father really screwed SU over , he is proud of his work. If Ishaq had come to Syracuse , he would have been treated as a favored son and his development would have been looked after , not just his abilities as a football commodity.
Right.

we got a 'Syracuse in the NFL' thread buried on the OT board and a 'Notre Dame in the NFL' thread right here on page 1 of the Syracuse Football board.

way to go fellas...

Exactly.. how's your brand!!! How's your brand! Man

why is this here...?
Some on this board are like...
upload_2016-12-21_13-17-24.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online