How Linsanity disrupted Carmelo Anthony's long-term vision in New York | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How Linsanity disrupted Carmelo Anthony's long-term vision in New York

The blizzard of negative stuff being released about Lin is all coming from Dolan's PR guys to cover up the huge mistake Son of Cablevision made by throwing a temper tantrum about Lin seeking more $$$ and "punishing" him by letting him go. The Knicks will never win anything as long as Dolan is calling the shots.
If you can back up your statements with sound examples, I might buy them.

Your joking, right? I mean, your just trying to convince yourself that this is the year they turn things around. Just for your own sanity? There are no haters, everybody knows that they are a discombobulated mess.

And I'm a knicks fan; I watched 80% - 90% of their games through thick and thin. EVERY SINGLE YEAR. They are not a top 3 team in the East, not even close.
First year together was for half the year, Amare and Chauncey both missed most of the playoff series against Boston. Second year was an abject disaster, shortened season, coach quit, got hot at the end of the year (so much so that people gave them a chance against Miami) until no Lin, no Shump, no Amare, Tyson Chandler barely able to play with the flu for Game 1 and 2. You can say excuses, excuses, excuses but I doubt anyone wins a playoff series when hit that hard with the injury bug ie. Chicago lost to the 76ers...the 76ers!.

This is the Knicks first chance at a full camp/season together. Once Shump gets healthy this team, on paper, is as good 1-9 as anyone talent-wise. Lets see if they can "figure it out". I think they are good enough that anything less than home-court first round is a huge failure.

(so much so that people gave them a chance against Miami)

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I gotta say, I think most of the people who gave them a chance against Miami were Knicks homers.

I think a top 4 seed (probably 4) is possible. Wouldn't call it a huge failure if they don't since their starting back court is Ray Felton and JR Smith.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I gotta say, I think most of the people who gave them a chance against Miami were Knicks homers.

I think a top 4 seed (probably 4) is possible. Wouldn't call it a huge failure if they don't since their starting back court is Ray Felton and JR Smith.
Our backups sound better haha. What will eventually be Jason Kidd and Iman Shumpert. Would you feel more confident if that was our starting backcourt with Felton/JR as bench going into playoffs?

I'm a little skeptical about Shump coming back and playing well this year. I'm sure he will be back, but just because he's back doesn't mean he's ready to play at a high level, you know?

Randy Foye is still out there; we're stuck offering vet min deals but maybe he is so desperate he takes one?